Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2023, 04:12 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.37.21533

Firmware 4.37.21533 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:22 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Looks good features for Sage & Elipsa and Elipsa 2. Not tried yet. No doubt this is the 4.37.x mentioned on Redit that some had as a beta.

No Notebooks for Libra 2 yet.
I'll try later. In the family we have original Aura H2O, original Libra, Nia, Libra 2, Sage (x4) and original Elipsa.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 04:27 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Sigh... again nothing interesting (I don't take notes). Still on 4.34 here and will stay on that.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:28 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Generally
Store
• Try our new Categories bubble to find new books
• You can now filter your Wishlist by on-sale items

Miscellaneous
• In Settings, we’ve increased the area you can tap to choose an option
• More ways to access your content with Google Drive (some models)

Models with Notebooks:

• Discover more ways to make notes by using our new templates including musical sheet, calligraphy, and more
• You can now search your handwritten notes in a Notebook
• In Basic Notebooks, create proper shapes by drawing and holding your pen in place for a few seconds. For example, if you draw a circle, you can convert into a perfect circle [before this was only in shape detection on Advanced Notebooks]
• In Basic notebooks, use the new Lasso feature to move, delete, copy, resize, and convert your notes into typed text
[Do they mean convert in Basic or is this feature in Advanced? Will report tomorrow!]
• Organize your notebooks with folders
• Never worry about losing your notebooks again. Turn on the Notebook Backup feature to save them on the Kobo Cloud and view your notebooks on kobo.com/notebooks
• You can now adjust line spacing in Advanced Notebooks
• In Advanced Notebooks, you can now highlight text with the button on the stylus
Old 06-22-2023, 04:33 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Sigh... again nothing interesting (I don't take notes). Still on 4.34 here and will stay on that.
Seeing On-Sale items on wish list might be good? No idea what a category bubble is. I've bought from Kobo website but never used bookshop features on any Kobo and have SideLoadedMode = true on all but one Kobo.

Certainly most of the focus is Notebooks (Nebo software rather than purely Kobo).

But if nothing is broken and no huge "must have", then I do let others upgrade
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 04:37 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
From my notes here are some of the changes in this firmware revision:

NOTEBOOK CHANGES (Elipsa 2E, Elipsa, Sage)

Added menu option to increase line spacing for Advanced Notebook
Added brightness icon in Notebooks
Added Lasso selection tool in Basic Notebook (WIP)

Folders for Notebooks
Tap "My Notebooks" > tap "+" widget > select the "Folder" option > enter folder title > save

Search in Advanced and Basic Notebooks
Tap the search icon to look up strings within the notebook

Notebook backup
Users can now sync Notebooks between devices. This setting is enabled by default in the syncing and updates settings page.

Added multiple new background templates in Notebooks

Create property shapes by drawing and holding your pen in place for a few seconds in Basic Notebook
Delete folders on signout

MISCELLANEOUS
Added ebook categories on second page of storefront
Improved highlights in RX by only dithering the area of highlight
Standardize UI icon sizing from 46 to 48
Google Drive support for Elipsa 2E, Elipsa, Sage and Forma
Improve touch target for each button within the settings page
Daily Deal book removed from library after purchase
Wishlist has a new Filter for items currently on Sale

Google Drive may be a download only tool at this time.

Edit: Database version is still 174 so should not trigger unsupported database warning on calibre.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-22-2023 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Database version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:39 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Seeing On-Sale items on wish list might be good?
I don't have any store-maintained wishlists. If I don't buy immediately, I'll just bookmark the item page.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:07 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Delete folders on signout
Eh?
Can you elaborate. Sounds scary. I "tested" the Elipsa 2 new folder feature by putting 4.36.x on my original Elipsa. It's got "SideLoadedMode = true" in the config.

Quote:
Added multiple new background templates in Notebooks
I saw extra backgrounds on 4.36 in the Basic Notebooks, which has maybe 3 backgrounds on 4.35.x

Last edited by Quoth; 06-22-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 05:16 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Finally the "Export seems to hang" bug on Advanced Notebooks is gone! I used to have to tap cancel and Export again (when it would be instant).
I got a Notification that Notebooks would be "backed up" to my Kobo Account, which I turned off. I have my own PC and backups, but no doubt handy for many till Kobo loses them.
Old 06-22-2023, 05:29 PM   #10
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
hello should I reset my kobo? Today I check for a book to read… Some of my books are missing they were sideloaded but it was very tedious process to wait for loading and such… not sure how long the books disappeared but also the storage is the same it’s like it’s ghosting I can’t find them
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:32 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Eh?
Can you elaborate. Sounds scary. I "tested" the Elipsa 2 new folder feature by putting 4.36.x on my original Elipsa. It's got "SideLoadedMode = true" in the config.
When you sign out of your account, any Notebook folders you have created will now be removed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:49 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Local backups are always a good idea.
Old 06-22-2023, 06:25 PM   #13
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Standardize UI icon sizing from 46 to 48
I wonder if I will need to find a new NickelMenu icon.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:46 PM   #14
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
I have a Sage, I saw the Google mention in my changes screen, but I can't see how to set that up. I still only see Dropbox. Where should I look for that?
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 12:43 AM   #15
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches are out.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release