Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 01:12 AM   #31
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks, I understand now "chmod +x", I also replace the patcher file in post #1 for the one posted by @patrik.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #32
kagungp
kagungp began at the beginning.

It seems that I can't find the freedom to advanced fonts control in the 4.3.9084 patch in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file. Is it intentionally no longer offered?
kagungp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagungp View Post
It seems that I can't find the freedom to advanced fonts control in the 4.3.9084 patch in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file. Is it intentionally no longer offered?
See the second post in the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Notes:

Be extra careful checking the version number of the firmware your device is running. There have been a lot of different 4.3 versions released, and the version number on the device must match exactly with the version number used for patching.

As GeoffR sayed here.

I make this patcher until GeoffR will get a new PC.

Patches that missing:
`My 24 line spacing values`
`Freedom to advanced fonts control`
`Allow download all in Browser`
`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
`Set KePub hyphenation`
`Always display chapter name on navigation menu`

If anyone has other patches for firmware 4.3.9084, post them in this thread and I'll add a link to this post.

The challenge is that GeoffR has had some PC issues, and this patch has been prepared by another member who (unfortunately) does not have the same hacking skills as GeoffR has.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
THX oren64!
Good work.
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:23 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thank you Oren for stepping in to help. I cannot yet install the new firmware as I am on vacation. I will when I get home.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #36
kagungp
kagungp began at the beginning.

Thanks Peter, I should've read more carefully. Hopefully GeoffR or other wizards in this forum will step in so that this issue can be fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
See the second post in the thread

The challenge is that GeoffR has had some PC issues, and this patch has been prepared by another member who (unfortunately) does not have the same hacking skills as GeoffR has.
kagungp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:11 PM   #37
mattington
mattington began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Not sure why.. I'm getting this error:

"tools/patch32lsb-Darwin: line 200 in '4.3.9084_source/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch': find_base_address string not found."

even when I run virgin with no changes.

No target file is being created. Any ideas why?
mattington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattington View Post
Not sure why.. I'm getting this error:

"tools/patch32lsb-Darwin: line 200 in '4.3.9084_source/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch': find_base_address string not found."

even when I run virgin with no changes.

No target file is being created. Any ideas why?
At a wild eyed guess, I would suspect that you have enabled both the "ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom" patch which is where the error is being generated from and the "ePub fixed top/bottom margins" patch which would have already modified that code?

Code:
# The following three patches are mutually incompatible,
# don't enable more than one.
#
# `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
# `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
#
I know there are only two patches listed instead of three.

And, yes, any error will prevent the output file from being generated. You really want to put corrupted files on your Kobo?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #39
mattington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
At a wild eyed guess, I would suspect that you have enabled both the "ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom" patch which is where the error is being generated from and the "ePub fixed top/bottom margins" patch which would have already modified that code?

Code:
# The following three patches are mutually incompatible,
# don't enable more than one.
#
# `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
# `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
#
I know there are only two patches listed instead of three.

And, yes, any error will prevent the output file from being generated. You really want to put corrupted files on your Kobo?
Definitely don't! The shell output was a bit vague, it wasn't clear to me that an error had caused abort. I figured the default values would have run without errors. I'll spend some more time on it tonight and let y'all know when and how I got it working.

Thanks for the direction on where to look.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #40
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattington View Post
I figured the default values would have run without errors. I'll spend some more time on it tonight and let y'all know when and how I got it working.
I just re-downloaded the patch archive and both the patches mentioned are set as `no` in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #41
mattington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I just re-downloaded the patch archive and both the patches mentioned are set as `no` in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file.
Ok, you were right, I had wantonly enabled mutually exclusive options. I had then trashed the entire folder and unzipped it again in the finder. However, I hadn't closed the terminal, and it followed the trashed folder to the trash... so when I ran the script again it was running in the trash on the original folder. I had forgotten about that feature...

Thanks for the help~
Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #42
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your work Oren.

I have purchased a new (only 5 years old) laptop, but it has been with the courier for 5 days now. Going by the tracking info they seem to be picking it up from the depot each morning and taking it for a tour of Auckland and then returning it to the depot for the night. Hopefully they will make it out my way sometime this week.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #43
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
GeoffR, waiting patiently. Keep up your good work.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #44
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

I have purchased a new (only 5 years old) laptop, but it has been with the courier for 5 days now. Going by the tracking info they seem to be picking it up from the depot each morning and taking it for a tour of Auckland and then returning it to the depot for the night. Hopefully they will make it out my way sometime this week.
Don't you hate how they do that? I have Canada Post Saying I'm never home when they attempt delivery and yet all 6 times I was here. Fortunately the outpost post office is down the road at the drug store, where I can purchase a remedy for the headache of not being home.... when I was.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #45
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

Ouch! Which courier company is that?

Are you a rural delivery by any chance?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote