Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a possible solution to your problem. Part of the problem is the settings in Kobo's hyphenation dictionary. It is set so you only get a hyphen with 5 characters or more. The one I've linked below is set to 2 or more. So you may find more hyphens for better spacing. This is the hyphenation dictionary I use (So I know it works with every firmware) and it works much much better than Kobo's. All you do is unzip and drop KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo directory and when you eject, it will install. You have to do this after you install each new firmware. I don't know aif it can be installed before the patches. So I patch and then install the hyphenation dictionary.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405

The one you want is JSWolfHyphenUS-EN.zip. If you are not using it and you do use it, please let me know how it goes for you. Thanks.
I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1528
I had a look around to see if I could find an English hyphenation dictionary that I was able to post with the proper settings. I could have modified the the one that came with the firmware, but then I would have been unable to share it here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #63
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Delete wrong thread

Last edited by PeterT; 04-08-2017 at 02:01 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Disabling the custom margin patch fixed the problem for me. Thanks so much Geoff!

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #65
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know aif it can be installed before the patches. So I patch and then install the hyphenation dictionary.
The patches don't touch anything other than the binaries they patch, so either order will work.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #66
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I have a question regarding patching in order to get advanced font control for sideloaded fonts.
I have Aura One with 4.1.7729, I downloaded patch for my fw and followed instructions (I am on Mac), put KoboRoot.tgz on my Kobo, it "updated", but I still don't have advanced control for sideloaded fonts. Among sideloaded fonts, I tested it on Rojarivo v1 made recently by GeoffR.
The only thing I found strange in the process was that in Terminal after running .sh command I didn't see anything happening so I had to go and look for .tgz file. Is that the problem and I am not patched or how do I know if I am or not?
I am not versed with Terminal (at all)...
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #67
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I have a question regarding patching in order to get advanced font control for sideloaded fonts.
I have Aura One with 4.1.7729, I downloaded patch for my fw and followed instructions (I am on Mac), put KoboRoot.tgz on my Kobo, it "updated", but I still don't have advanced control for sideloaded fonts. Among sideloaded fonts, I tested it on Rojarivo v1 made recently by GeoffR.
The only thing I found strange in the process was that in Terminal after running .sh command I didn't see anything happening so I had to go and look for .tgz file. Is that the problem and I am not patched or how do I know if I am or not?
I am not versed with Terminal (at all)...
Best to post in the thread for firmware 4.1.7729 if that is the firmware you are patching, to avoid confusion.

The `Freedom to advanced fonts control` patch is not enabled by default, so for step 3. of the instructions you need to edit libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch, search for `Freedom to advanced fonts control`, and change patch_enable = `no` to patch_enable = `yes`.

If the KoboRoot.tgz file was created in the target directory then the patch script completed okay. To check if the patch was installed on your device, look in the Settings > Reading settings menu: if the "Refresh the screen every:" option has options going up to 12 pages then the patch is installed, if it only goes to 6 pages then the patch wasn't installed.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #68
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Away

Just a warning that I won't be able to work on patches and things for a week or two.

My Linux laptop has just died and I'm going away for a week so I won't be able to get a new one set up until I get back.

I see Kobo have just released another 4.3 firmware, so someone else might like to start a thread for that.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #69
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Best to post in the thread for firmware 4.1.7729 if that is the firmware you are patching, to avoid confusion.

The `Freedom to advanced fonts control` patch is not enabled by default, so for step 3. of the instructions you need to edit libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch, search for `Freedom to advanced fonts control`, and change patch_enable = `no` to patch_enable = `yes`.

If the KoboRoot.tgz file was created in the target directory then the patch script completed okay. To check if the patch was installed on your device, look in the Settings > Reading settings menu: if the "Refresh the screen every:" option has options going up to 12 pages then the patch is installed, if it only goes to 6 pages then the patch wasn't installed.
Thank you very much GeoffR! I checked and I am not patched. I will try again.
I didn't want to post in older thread, but I will do it next time.
Thanks!
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote