Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
ReaderGuy42
Enthusiast
ReaderGuy42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Tolino Vision 6: problem with transfering books to device (books get deleted)

So, a few weeks ago, I was having trouble, and asked over here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346774) because I kept getting error messages. I still do, and have to unplug the device every few books when transferring, which is annoying a little, but manageable.

I'm not sure this has to do with the most current update (5.43 on Linux Mint), but now in this process of constantly unplugging and plugging the device back in, calibre appears to not find all the books it just transferred. The device had all of them on it already, but in the process of calibre recognizing the books on the device, some of them get deleted on the device.

As an example:
So I have a bunch of the Drizzt books, by R.A. Salvatore and am trying to transfer them.
I manage to transfer something like 5-10 books in that series before I get the error message (see other thread) and have to un/re-connect the reader. These 10 books are available on the device. Then I reconnect the reader and Calibre tries to recognize the books, but doesn't see that the books are already there, or only some of them.

And in this process of recognizing, some of those books get deleted off of the device, so I have to do the transfer over again, making me go in circles.

I can't really tell what's going on, so does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
ReaderGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reset your device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 04:06 AM   #3
ReaderGuy42
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
reset your device.
Thanks, I'll try that
Old 05-28-2022, 04:33 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You hve something wrong with your Tolino given the I/O error that's getting reported.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 04:34 AM   #5
ReaderGuy42
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You hve something wrong with your Tolino given the I/O error that's getting reported.
Would this also be solved by a reset? I don't have time right to do this right now, but I'll keep it in time for when I do.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:40 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderGuy42 View Post
Would this also be solved by a reset? I don't have time right to do this right now, but I'll keep it in time for when I do.
That would depend on what is causing the I/O error. If it's a problem with the storage, probably not. If it's a problem with some file on the Tolino, maybe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device connect, tolino vision 6