Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
PRS-350 with PRS+ problems mounting on computer

Hi!

In the past, when I connected my PRS-350 via USB cable to my Mac, it mounted right away, showing two "drives" on my desktop ("Reader" and "Settings")

But lately, it fails to mount on the first try. I have to unplug it, then re-plug it. Then it mounts and all proceeds as expected.

I have tried a soft reset, but that hasn't helped.

The only other thing I can think of is that this started happening after I updated to the latest PRS+ v.2.0.17rc3. Nothing else has changed.

Suggestions or ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited by pssquirrel; 12-21-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added more details
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have the same PRS+ version installed and not having any problems at all. You might try taking some canned air and blowing out the usb ports good, and check that no connection to them came loose inside.

I had a problem where only my 16GB flash drive wouldn't be recognized by my computer, 2, 4 and 8GB drives were no problem. I was convinced the 16GB flash drive was going bad. Double checked my computer and apparently I didn't fully snap the front cover on completely the last time I had it off (and where it sits it looked perfectly flush, not protruding at all), and that slight fraction of an inch difference didn't let the 16GB drive insert fully. It was one of those "smack myself in the head" moments after I realized the problem, so double check it all in case.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Thanks Ripplinger. I checked out the connections and they seem to be in good shape.

I've done more experimenting, and I've noticed that it seems to fail only the first time I try to connect after the computer is turned on. Subsequent connections seem to all succeed. But if I shut down and restart my computer, then once again the 350 will fail to mount the first time I try to connect. Unplugging the 350 and re-plugging will then succeed. Subsequent connections will also succeed until I shut down/restart my computer. Then once again the first connection fails.

I checked my Mac's start-up items, and nothing suspicious there -- and nothing different than before, when the 350 was mounting fine.

One last detail -- the first time this happened was after I installed (the dreaded) Reader for Mac software. (I needed it to update the firmware on my new T1. That's the only time I used Reader for Mac, I have never used it with my 350, and I have since uninstalled and deleted the Reader for Mac software.)

I am perplexed.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 12-22-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more details
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote