Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM   #1
mrfakename
Developer
mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G (Keyboard), Used
How to create a BIN update file from a developer keystore?

Hello,
I've recently been trying to build a Kindlet. I have my azw2 file and my developer.keystore file, but I was wondering how I can merge it with the existing developer.keystore on my device through an update.
I've tried USB Networking and Lauchpad, both of which unfortunately do not work for me.
I have a Kindle 3G.
Thank you in advance!
mrfakename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
evilReader
evilReader has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
It's recommended to just use the
Code:
dktest
Code:
ditest
Code:
dntest
keys in the merged developer keystore, which is already installed with the MKK step of the jailbreak
evilReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:11 PM   #3
evilReader
evilReader has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ok my last message didn't post for some reason but anyways; you should really just use the merged developer keystore (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=152294) and use the "test" keys in it because it gets installed with the jailbreak for everyone.
evilReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:25 PM   #4
mrfakename
Developer
mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Hi,
Thank you for your quick response! I am already using the merged keystore, and I did install the Dev Certificates with MKK, however it still does not work.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:52 PM   #5
mrfakename
Developer

Hi,
I figured it out (here's my code to build the update).
Thanks!
Edit: My fixes didn't seem to work

Last edited by mrfakename; 04-25-2023 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Change formatting
Old 03-30-2023, 12:20 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You should *absolutely* not need to use a custom keypair, and doing so will only spell trouble for you (maintenance and support-wise) down the line .

Check how KUAL itself is built for reference (or @ixtab's Collection Manager).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:22 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Specifically, on the Java side, for ant: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...ild.properties

And on the Kindle side, for KindleTools: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...ild-updates.sh
Old 04-25-2023, 05:31 PM   #8
mrfakename
Developer

Hello!
(I haven't been working on my Kindlet for a while because my device broke, but I'm trying again now!)
I'm unable to install my Kindlet because I keep getting an error message about the Kindlet not being signed by a registered developer. I've tried using several different keystores, but none of them work.

- I tried the merged developer keystore, but got the same error message
- I tried KindleNote's keystore (I have KindleNote installed, so the same keystore should work, right?) - https://github.com/proDOOMman/Kindle...aster/keystore - but still got the same error
- I tried KUAL's keystore (https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...loper.keystore) but got the same error.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:36 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There may be weird Java caching involved... somewhere, so, make sure you delete the Kindlet *from the UI* before replacing it, and I would add a reboot in the mix just to be safe.

If you've got KUAL running and you sign stuff as we do like I linked above, there's no reason for it not to work.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:30 PM   #10
mrfakename
Developer

Hi @NiLuJe,
Thank you so much for your assistance!
I've tried deleting the app from the UI, restarting the Kindle, and copying the azw2 back onto the device, but I'm still getting the same message ("The title is not signed by a registered developer.") KUAL and KindleNote continue to launch properly.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:52 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Then you might be signing it wrong?

(I don't do java, but I imagine there's a way to check how a jar is signed?)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-29-2023 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:50 PM   #12
mrfakename
Developer

Thank you for your suggestion @NiLuJe!
I'm a complete beginner at Java, but I did a basic internet search and found the "jarsigner" command. Here's my output:
Code:
% jarsigner -verify kindlet.azw2

jar verified.

Warning:
This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is invalid. Reason: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
This jar contains entries whose signer certificate is self-signed.
The DSA signing key has a keysize of 1024 which is considered a security risk. This key size will be disabled in a future update.
This jar contains signatures that do not include a timestamp. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after any of the signer certificates expire (as early as 2025-09-12).

Re-run with the -verbose and -certs options for more details.
Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
Here is my script to build + sign the jar:
Code:
KEYSTORE=developer.keystore
JAR=kindlet.azw2
MANIFEST=main.manifest
ant jar
cp HelloWorld.jar $JAR
jarsigner -keystore $KEYSTORE -storepass password $JAR dktest
jarsigner -keystore $KEYSTORE -storepass password $JAR ditest
jarsigner -keystore $KEYSTORE -storepass password $JAR dntest
Thank you in advance!
Old 04-29-2023, 04:09 AM   #13
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
This is the script I used some time ago when I wrote some kindlets. Try it out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip makekindlet.zip (399 Bytes, 87 views)
encol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
certificate, kindlet