Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #31606
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm extremely pleased to report back that the repair man DID come out, it WAS the temperature sensor, and it all got fixed in under four hours from my previous post, and for just £60.

I'm now a lot warmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Excellent. Could have been so much worse, especially with the current storm there!
Yeah -- it could have happened here, where I awoke to a -5F (-21C) and that was at 9:30 when the sun was already warming things up. Nonetheless, the dog felt it was warm enough that we took a longer walk that we've been doing lately. Not the whole block, but leisurely for about a third of it.

Nevermind me; I *am* glad they were able to fix it quickly!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #31607
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
On my Goodreads front page:

Based on your reading preferences, you might enjoy
Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)

Seriously, Goodreads? Seriously? In what Bizarro world would I conceivably enjoy Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)?

I think this is arguably worse than the cowboy romances they used to push on me. I've rated over 2,000 books at Goodreads and not one of them has to do with super heroes (or cowboys, for that matter).

What a scam. Someone is paying for these sponsored ads and Goodreads should at least make an honest attempt to target likely readers. Goodness knows they've got the data and the algorithm shouldn't be difficult.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #31608
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I'm extremely pleased to report back that the repair man DID come out, it WAS the temperature sensor, and it all got fixed in under four hours from my previous post, and for just £60.

I'm now a lot warmer.
Good to hear. Our churches boiler room exploded on New Year's Eve. They had cancelled services because of the weather so no one was there when it happened. Had they not cancelled it would have been catastrophic when the explosion happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #31609
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
On my Goodreads front page:

Based on your reading preferences, you might enjoy
Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)

Seriously, Goodreads? Seriously? In what Bizarro world would I conceivably enjoy Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)?

I think this is arguably worse than the cowboy romances they used to push on me. I've rated over 2,000 books at Goodreads and not one of them has to do with super heroes (or cowboys, for that matter).

What a scam. Someone is paying for these sponsored ads and Goodreads should at least make an honest attempt to target likely readers. Goodness knows they've got the data and the algorithm shouldn't be difficult.
That is wrong on so many fronts I don't even know where to begin. You? Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)?!!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #31610
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Ridiculous! I'd have said you were much more a Superman person.

orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #31611
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Ridiculous! I'd have said you were much more a Superman person.

Really? Surely a Spiderman fan!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #31612
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

X-men anybody?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #31613
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Surely, Xena, I would think?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #31614
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:

I'm now a lot warmer.

Sorry, I just *had* to
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #31615
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Damn, that was quite an ordeal! And I know from the testimony of family and friends that that sadly your experience is not out of the ordinary.
They had no beds. None. 30 patients admitted had to spend the night in the ER because there was no place for them. The lady next to me in the hallway was admitted with Pneumonia. She was having to spend the night in a hallway. She didn't care though because she had Alzheimers. She didn't know where she was. The other lady next to me was being checked for CDiff. Across the hall was the men section with three beds and this creepy guy kept staring at me. He had a bite on his butt. The doctor called him a hypochondriac and laughed at him. He waited two hours laying on his stomach before he got a big shot you know where. He left and they brought in a guy with a hurt foot with his wife. So it was one nurse to six to eight hallway patients then someone stole my nurse's computer. I was able to give a description of the thief so she could get her workstation back. It was utter choas.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #31616
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What a nightmare I had at the ER yesterday. It was like something out of House or an episode of ER. The place was swamped with flu. They were treating people in the hallways, it was dirty, unsanitary and I saw several disgusting things like equipment not bring properly wiped down, nurses not wearing gloves. It was like a third world country.

[ . . . ]

It was a nightmare. I got to see America's healthcare at its worse.

[ . . . ]
F***, that sounds more like a war zone (been in a couple) and worse than some of the out of the way places I've lived in.

For most of the rest of world, the US healthcare 'system' beggars belief. I cannot understand how y'all put up with it. The highly regulated UK NHS system is not the only alternative as is often posited in the US. Indeed, only a few countries have anything similar. Most have a mix of universal government funding for the 'basics', and private (via insurance if you have it) funding for the 'extras'. As a casual observer I get the impression that both the US and the UK healthcare systems 'encourage' the use of Emergency Services over a regular doctor - that's crazy. Maybe its a cultural thing.

I didn't know what a 'GI Cocktail' was so I looked it up. Might interest you know the use of them is discouraged by the Aus&NZ equivalent of the FDA.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-04-2018 at 08:15 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #31617
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Surely, Xena, I would think?
(blush) Oh, well yes!! I was only thinking of comic books.

Battle on! (since I can't spell her yodel/war cry)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #31618
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Arnica, part II

I just wanted to report back--for those of you who read my Arnica V&R--that to be fair, it wasn't the Arnica. Oh, it may have contributed a bit, but it was something else, entirely, and I've just spent 7 truly dreadful nights and days with this other. So...I have no reason to excoriate arnica. Not sure I'm ready to give it another shot, until I'm a bit steadier on my pins, but I didn't want to leave it as I had, as if the Arnica was entirely to blame. Not at all, near as I can tell.

FWIW only.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:53 PM   #31619
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I just wanted to report back--for those of you who read my Arnica V&R--that to be fair, it wasn't the Arnica. Oh, it may have contributed a bit, but it was something else, entirely, and I've just spent 7 truly dreadful nights and days with this other. So...I have no reason to excoriate arnica. Not sure I'm ready to give it another shot, until I'm a bit steadier on my pins, but I didn't want to leave it as I had, as if the Arnica was entirely to blame. Not at all, near as I can tell.

FWIW only.

Hitch
Sorry you are messed up. Hope you feel better soon.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #31620
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

FWIW only.

Hitch
I'm really sorry to hear that, Hitch. Arnica would be such a much simpler problem -- just don't take it. I sincerely hope you have found a cause and a resolution, cause this sounds dreadful. !!HUGS!!

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness