Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 12:05 AM   #1
chebbie
chebbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Chinese Recipe Issue

I'm having trouble fetching most of the Chinese recipes in the "Fetch News" with the exception of 自由電子報. All the others, whether Chinese, Chinese (China), or Chinese (Taiwan) don't seem to work with some having different errors in the log. Is there something that is in the works or something that I can look at to make these work or did the websites just do something to break them permanently?

I'm new to this application but using it to give content to my parents. It's been great transferring some books over to a Kindle I just got them but News would be among one of the top reads for them.
chebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 12:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Recipes often need to be updated for website changes. It's done ona volunteer basis you are welcome to contribute fixes to recipes that you need that arent working. I personally dont maintain recipes in languages I cannot read as it adds to much work/overhead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 08:31 AM   #3
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
i'll try to fix them, in time.. do post the names of the recipes that don't work. Better request the important ones first.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:22 PM   #4
chebbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
i'll try to fix them, in time.. do post the names of the recipes that don't work. Better request the important ones first.
Thanks so much!
Under the main "Chinese" set with 13 current recipes, these two would be the more important ones if possible.

星島日報 (香港)
蘋果日報 (香港)

I'll start to read up on what's required to do this so I can try to assist as well. I wish I stumbled across this project a long time ago!
Old 11-24-2023, 12:18 AM   #5
fengli
Connoisseur
fengli began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Thank you in advance, sir, for helping to fix infzm - China Southern Weekly code.
fengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2023, 02:09 AM   #6
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

星島日報 (香港) https://std.stheadline.com/ this is the link.. can you check if RSS feeds are available?

https://stepaper.stheadline.com/ Is this like the todays page section? should I just use this link and get sections and articles!
Old 11-24-2023, 03:38 AM   #7
unkn0wn
Evangelist

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ngtaohk.recipe

https://stepaper.stheadline.com/ articles here are paywalled so wonkt work.

as to apple daily, its Wiki page says that the publication has shut down
Quote:
On 17 June 2021, Hong Kong authorities used the Hong Kong national security law to freeze the assets of the company and Jimmy Lai.[8][9] This move was widely described as an attack on press freedom.[10][11][12] As a result of the asset freeze, Apple Daily was unable to pay wages and electricity bills,[13] and had to cease operations. The final print edition was published on 24 June, with over a million copies being printed, up from the usual 80,000, and the newspaper's supporters lined up in queues stretching hundreds of meters in order to buy them.[14][15] The newspaper's main and supplementary YouTube channel, "Fruit Seed", also shut down at midnight on the same day.
if its not the same apple daily provide link to the website
Old 11-26-2023, 01:20 AM   #8
chebbie

Quote:
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ngtaohk.recipe

https://stepaper.stheadline.com/ articles here are paywalled so wonkt work.

as to apple daily, its Wiki page says that the publication has shut down

if its not the same apple daily provide link to the website
Ahh boo... thanks for trying.
Old 11-26-2023, 05:59 AM   #9
unkn0wn
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengli View Post
Thank you in advance, sir, for helping to fix infzm - China Southern Weekly code.
can you test this and confirm if articles contain whole text? and also if smoe other stuff is missing.
Attached Files
File Type: recipe infzm.recipe (2.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-27-2023, 08:15 AM   #10
fengli
Connoisseur
fengli began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
can you test this and confirm if articles contain whole text? and also if smoe other stuff is missing.
Great, thank you very much, but would it be better if there is no time limit for a week? You can extract any customized number of days.
fengli is offline   Reply With Quote