Kindle: D00801
Firmware: 2.5.8 (555370010)
SN: B009...
https://ibb.co/dGdRVsf

Hello,

I have followed instrutions in the link below:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004

1. I have completely reset the device after upgrading from 2.5.5
2. I placed "Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_dxg_install.bin" in the kindle directory, the update was successful.
3. I can't install any other updates, such as fonts, USB, Python, etc., when i put them in kindle directory, because I can't click "Update your kindle" - option is grey.

My guess is that JB isnt properly instaled, i have no sign in the menu it is installed.

I have tried already to reinstall it.

Please help
Johnny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Mine is DXG D009, it's the better screen than the original DX or DXi.
I upgraded to 2.5.8 and also the service update.
The jail break update appears to fail, which is correct.
Then the font and sleep screen patches worked. The USB networking didn't. I uninstalled the font patch and only have the custom sleep screen as I use it to test plain mobi files.

Just make sure you are using the correct DX version files.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Johnny666
Johnny666 began at the beginning.

Device: DX 2
I just have followed this note:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

following to that i have DXG 009 same as yours.

Update which im trying to install its called:
"Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_dxg_install.bin"

so i belive it is for dxg. It looks like it is installing properly to the end but i belive it just is not, because it does not seem to be both installed and working any way.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If a FW 2.5.x JB installation actually goes through *without throwing an error*, then it's actually unsuccessful.

It probably means your device was previously jailbroken with an old/buggy JB.

Figure out the history of the device, uninstall whatever it's currently running, and try again.

----

As for the "Update Your Kindle" link, remember that current snapshots are not supposed to be installed that way, so, that's perfectly normal. They require MRPI instead.

Old stuff attached directly to the legacy thread, on the other hand, *should* go through UYK, provided you picked the right ones for your device.
That said, they're old, so, eh, who knows.

----

EDIT: The factory reset was not a good idea. Depending on what was installed earlier, it may have made the recovery process that much harder.
Or it's what broke everything. This is all nearly 10 years old stuff, I don't recall all the quirks, I just remember that factory resets have always been a bad idea.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-06-2020 at 03:37 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:43 AM   #5
Johnny666
Johnny666 began at the beginning.

Device: DX 2
@NiLuJe:

1. Figure out the history of the device:

- i think i know story of this device from the beggining. Long time ago... it was kindle of one member of my family. But battery run over, and she got a new one anyway so i "repair it": just update battery and kinddle is working. I dont think she was installing JB to be honest. I find that large screen is very useful to read pdfs with diagrams and stuff.

2. uninstall whatever it's currently running

- Now on kinddle there is literally nothing. I cant also connect to kinddle network, but i will not use it as well as a network, so i do not mind.
- i have successfully uninstalled JB which previously unsuccessful (how you realize this: without an error)

3. The factory reset was not a good idea.

- ok, but it is already done.
- so, how should live with that? XD
- so what do you think i should do from current state? Any specyfic update or installer? What i think i need is a pdf and fonts update, now in some pdf font is looks like this:

https://ibb.co/dPhcJRC
Advert
Old 05-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
By the way - if it matters - you appear to have a Kindle DX-G, which is an improved version over the DX.

The screens are different on the two models.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #7
mb93
mb93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles 3G, 3W, DXG
Hi,

With the 2.5.8 firmware, to access kindle network newly, Amazon has made a specific update :
Update for B009 and 2.5.8 fw only
Did you try it ?

Last edited by mb93; 05-12-2020 at 02:33 PM.
mb93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx2, instalation, jailbreak