Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
arkietech
Connoisseur
arkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toys

Device: pc
Borrowing books on Nook

My wife has a nook. I use nook PC. She purchased a book Pillars of the Earth. I would like to borrow it. When trying to transfer the book to my Nook PC I get a credit card message. We both use the same credit card at BN but nothing I enter will work. Can someone help?
arkietech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Are you using the same account on bn.com, or just the same credit card on two different accounts? If you're using two different accounts, have you tried using the LendMe feature (assuming it's a loanable title)?
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Your wife's CC may have a different number than yours if it's a supplementary card to the main account (or vice versa).

So even if it's technically the same credit card, you'd have to enter the Name/CC# combo as exactly what it says in your wife's account, with periods after initials if they have them or not if they don't, etc. (assuming you keep different accounts each paid with your own personal card).

If it's all from the same B&N account, then I don't know what could be going on there, but I hope you manage to find a solution.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
arkietech
Connoisseur
arkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toys

Still no luck.

There are two different accounts at BN. One credit card number with two different names.
I can access my wifes account on BN and have copied her name exactly as shown. I can not see the credit card number except the last four digits. I copied the number from the card (last four match). I get no error message just the credit card screen reappears blank when unlock is pressed. How can I find out if the book is lendable? Or capable of use on multiple devices?

Don't ask my opinion of ebook lending or using multiple devices at BN.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Apparently B&N may have changed some things in their system/apps for the worse, and you might have to switch the registration for your Nook PC app or change the info in your account just long enough for it to work.

There's a post here from someone who seems to have had to deal with a similar issue and how they resolved it.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Also, if you've been pulling the file from your wife's Nook, maybe try re-downloading directly from her My Nook Library on the website. It could be that there's something extra added to files received on the devices via Wi-Fi/3G which is interfering. Assuming your wife doesn't sideload her stuff as a matter of course.

Last edited by ATDrake; 12-12-2010 at 04:14 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Good luck borrowing that book at reading it in the alloted time....its almost 1000 pages!! Definitely worth it though.
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Is there a way to simply share an account and read the book? I know that my Mom and I share a Kindle account and she reads the same book I am pretty frequently. The only issue was have is making sure we don't synch to the others position in the book.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Is there a way to simply share an account and read the book?
I don't know about the OP's specific case, but yes, nooks can share an account. My wife and I share an account across two readers, two phones, and an assortment of laptops and desktops.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
arkietech
Connoisseur

thanks. I was able to download from my wife's account. Don't know whether I borrowed it or what. The Pillars of the Earth is a good read.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This was posted to the wrong Forum, and has now been moved to the nook Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You were probably using the wrong name. If your wife goes to her NOOK Library on the B&N site, it will say what her unlock key is. B&N only shows the last four digits of the credit card, but they do show the entire name.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
arkietech
Connoisseur

I did a cut and paste of her name -- still no good. I can log on as her and get to her library and download the book, open my nook-pc, drag and drop it, then read it. When I close the nook-pc it goes away. To continue reading I have to drag it in again then find my place. --- the fun of ebook reading.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
It sounds to me like there might be an error in the credit card number. If not, contact B&N because you should be able to share the book. I share books with my sister and all I do is add my account email address and credit card number.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook borrow