Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #76
NiaTrue
Edge User

Hmmm...so per Snow's comment about there being six forum administrators (roughly), those six would be Snow, bmoc, Zem, nz, and...sladwig...and what about done (from South Africa)?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #77
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Hmmm...so per Snow's comment about there being six forum administrators (roughly), those six would be Snow, bmoc, Zem, nz, and...sladwig...and what about done (from South Africa)?
There is bmoc, done, Lucy Lawless, nz, sladwig, Snow, Vanille and Zem. On my calculator: that's 8!
And what about PonMan? Doesn't he like our kisses anymore?

Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #78
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
There is bmoc, done, Lucy Lawless, nz, sladwig, Snow, Vanille and Zem. On my calculator: that's 8!
And what about PonMan? Doesn't he like our kisses anymore?
Not all of those guys are administrators though. Only bmoc, Snow, Zem, and nz are adminsitrators. Not sure about sladwig. PonMan is a ninja. And the others are jsut enTourage eDGe employees. It's not clear if the firm also considers those people adminsitrators, but their identities have different labels. And done hasn't been heard from in a while.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #79
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
And done hasn't been heard from in a while.
Shows he hasn't logged onto the forums since Dec 15 of last year. I wonder if he is still with the company?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #80
borisb
Edge User

I discovered through LinkedIn today that both dontpanic and sladwig both did indeed leave enTourage at the end of January (they both show new "Current" employment, with enTourage as "Past" employment to January 2011). Quite remarkable what detailed information one can glean from LinkedIn ;-) Clearly there was some sort of big shake up if more than one person left at the same time and possibly there were others now gone. Different of opinions? Layoffs? One can only speculate.

These two were very much the "voice" of enTourage on the forums and Community Blogs, respectively.

Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I discovered through LinkedIn today that both dontpanic and sladwig both did indeed leave enTourage at the end of January (they both show new "Current" employment, with enTourage as "Past" employment to January 2011).
I noticed the same. Wish the best for both of them, as they were wonderful to have on the Forum. Hope their replacements are as friendly and knowledgeable as they were.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #82
sarah11918
Edge User

I have to bow to the stalker/searching skills of you both, boris and NiaTrue.

Sometimes what we learn on this forum isn't what we expect...

Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #83
borisb
Edge User

When enTourage is shut up tighter than a clam, one has to do some sleuthing Thankfully the Internet leaks worse than a sieve...

Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #84
NiaTrue
Edge User

Wait. I'm a stalker? To answer that question...I first noticed last week that T.C., aka dontpanic, was listing enTourage as "past employment." At that point, there wasn't a "current employment." Glad to hear he's now gainfully employed.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 02-18-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: addendum

Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #85
pat.indie
Edge User

Could be that Entourage management/ownership has changed? Do the sleuths know anything about that?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #86
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Wait. I'm a stalker?
Sorry, I hope you didn't take offence. Boris' word choice of "sleuthing" is much closer to what I meant to convey. I actually meant it as a huge compliment, as I'm quite the sleuthy one and this impressed me.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #87
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Sorry, I hope you didn't take offence. Boris' word choice of "sleuthing" is much closer to what I meant to convey. I actually meant it as a huge compliment, as I'm quite the sleuthy one and this impressed me.
Not at all! I thought it was hilarious and witty. And I didn't mean to imply that either of us is actually a stalker, merely curious and able to type and surf the web. Okay, maybe nosy, too.

Addendum: Pat, I don't know if enTourage has been sold, but when I checked two weeks ago, ownership hadn't changed!

Last edited by NiaTrue; 02-18-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: addendum

Old 02-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.indie View Post
Could be that Entourage management/ownership has changed? Do the sleuths know anything about that?
The company profile is still the same as far as I can tell: http://www.entourageedge.com/about-u...y-profile.html. It's still a private company, I think, so they're under no obligation to disclose anything

Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #89
Corpulent One
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Clearly there was some sort of big shake up if more than one person left at the same time and possibly there were others now gone. Different of opinions? Layoffs? One can only speculate.
Perhaps they were protesting the treatment of certain forum member(s).

Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #90
myst
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc View Post

What I can also tell you, is it is not ready for prime time as we are still awaiting new code from one partner. Once we get that in and test everything thoroughly, then we will release it. While I am hoping for the end of February, I believe it will be ready the middle of March and none is more disappointed in that than I am.
bmoc,

Is there a further update? Mid-March is right around the corner. Will this be released for both devices?

Hopeful