Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2023, 03:02 PM   #1
doot
doot began at the beginning.

Device: G000PP, G8S0PP Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018)
Exclamation Any possibilities of jailbreaking?

hi! been recently looking to jailbreak my kindle that i don't really use anymore so that i can play about with things, but after doing some digging, i haven't really been able to find anything that works.

the version is 5.16.3.1. all the guides on downgrading require it to already *be* jailbroken, and all the jailbreaking guides need earlier versions.

if there's anything available or been any recent discoveries, let me know and hopefully i can get something sorted :))
doot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by doot View Post
after doing some digging, i haven't really been able to find anything that works.

the version is 5.16.3.1. all the guides on downgrading require it to already *be* jailbroken, and all the jailbreaking guides need earlier versions.
There is nothing to find.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2023, 11:22 AM   #3
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
As of now the latest Firmware that can be Jailbroken is 5.16.2.1.1

As new Jailbreaks come out hopefully they will be added to the Kindle Firmware Wiki page.

There is a Hardware Jailbreak called Popcorn that I believe works regardless of firmware, but it requires opening the kindle, connecting some pins, or otherwise doing some physical things that, if done wrong, could ruin your device. I haven't got around to adding that to the jailbreak Table, but plan to at some point when I have the time
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:40 PM   #4
HammyHavoc
HammyHavoc began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheLine View Post
As of now the latest Firmware that can be Jailbroken is 5.16.2.1.1

As new Jailbreaks come out hopefully they will be added to the Kindle Firmware Wiki page.

There is a Hardware Jailbreak called Popcorn that I believe works regardless of firmware, but it requires opening the kindle, connecting some pins, or otherwise doing some physical things that, if done wrong, could ruin your device. I haven't got around to adding that to the jailbreak Table, but plan to at some point when I have the time
I didn't think Popcorn could work on anything beyond the PW3 though? Would love to be wrong about that.
HammyHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyHavoc View Post
I didn't think Popcorn could work on anything beyond the PW3 though? Would love to be wrong about that.
Correct, the bootloader is locked on the PW4 and beyond.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2023, 01:41 AM   #6
frawang
frawang began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Talking

Mine is 5.16.4, is there any ways?
frawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:19 AM   #7
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Nope (also, do not cross post)
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kindle