Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
thundermonkey
thundermonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4, PW5
Calibre and jailbroken PW4 problem

JB noob here. I recently jailbroke my PW4, and am having trouble getting Calibre working with books sent over via the wireless server and OPDS options within KOReader. (The non-JB approach of mobi transfer by USB cable works fine.)

I transferred some epub and mobi books from Calibre via the 3 mechanisms (USB, wireless server OPDS). If I am connected via USB cable, Calibre sees the mobi books but not the epubs. Furthermore the "on device" column is ticked only for those mobi books transferred via USB.

If I connect the PW4 via wireless server, Calibre sees the device but doesn’t recognize that there are any books on it.

I have done Calibre and PW4 reboots, and tried deletions of the metadata.calibre file. I haven't registered the PW4 since JB, if that makes any difference. Any tips on getting Calibre to work better with wirelessly transferred books?
thundermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:25 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Maybe you should ask this on KOReader Github/Mobileread
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermonkey View Post
I transferred some epub and mobi books from Calibre via the 3 mechanisms (USB, wireless server OPDS). If I am connected via USB cable, Calibre sees the mobi books but not the epubs. Furthermore the "on device" column is ticked only for those mobi books transferred via USB.
In the properties of the Kindle driver, did you add epub as an allowed format?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
thundermonkey
thundermonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4, PW5
Thanks for the replies. mergen3107, the KOReader community did have some insights. David, it wasn't a driver issue, it seems OPSD-transferred files are orphaned, but wireless-server-transferred ones can work with Calibre.

More info: mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4230319
thundermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote