Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #1
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Plato or Koreader by default

Hi, is it possible to have plato or Koreader launch by default when turning on the device please? i had installed both using the following https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...hlight=default

Could some one help me out on how this can be done if its possible. Thanks
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not without doing it by hand, which I do NOT recommend, for various reasons, even for people who actually know what they're doing .

I also don't recommend skipping booting Nickel once each power cycle, period, for other various reasons .

That said, Plato *has* proper support for this, as this is how the author uses it. It might even be documented properly by now, check Plato's code repository on github.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I also don't recommend skipping booting Nickel once each power cycle, period, for other various reasons .
Could you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That said, Plato *has* proper support for this, as this is how the author uses it. It might even be documented properly by now, check Plato's code repository on github.
It isn't documented yet, but I've wrote a script, standalone.sh, to automate the process:
Code:
./build.sh && ./dist.sh && ./standalone.sh FIRMWARE_ARCHIVE NICKEL_MENU_ARCHIVE
Where NICKEL_MENU_ARCHIVE is a NickelMenu build artifact.

It generates a standalone package in the standalone directory.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@baskerville: There are various low-level thingies initialized by Nickel's bringup process (the most obvious one being the gyro, IIRC).

But I'd bet there's probably a few other subtle power management thingies involved, too.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote