Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-09-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Solo1959
Connoisseur
Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 5th gen, and many in the past
Preparing Book for First Read, Please Wait

I don't know if I changed a setting someplace. I probably did because I'm always fussing with my computer. But ...

My computer runs Kubuntu 23.10. I am using Calibre 6.29

When I open a book in Calibre I get the notice "Preparing Book for First Read, Please Wait"

I get that notice every time I open the same book. Even if I just opened it and closed it, should I open it again, I get the same notice. I notice this with azw3 and epub. The epub will usually open much more quickly than the azw3 book.

99% of the time it's not a big deal, just a moment's wait. But if I open a larger book such as a study Bible, it can take a very long time to open.

Is there a way I can tell Calibre to remember that it already opened the book in the past? Did I mess up a setting someplace?

Thank you for your help.
Solo1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 11:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre prepares a book for reading only the first time you open it. If that is not happening for you, its likely because something on your computer is deleting calibre cache files from under it. By default the cache is located in ~/.cache/calibre you can move it via env vars as described in https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2023, 03:21 PM   #3
Solo1959
Connoisseur
Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 5th gen, and many in the past
Thank you for your help. I'll have to figure out how to move the directory. A work in progress. Thank you for the pointer.
Solo1959 is offline   Reply With Quote