Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 10-15-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
noodler
noodler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Keyboard shortcut for closing footnote popup?

Hi,

I can open footnotes with alt-f (fantastic) but I can't find a way to close them with the keyboard. I have tried everything I can think of. A default I would have expected would be escape or maybe alt-left (like back in a browser) but no luck and I can't see suitable configuration for it

I'm struggling to use a mouse because of RSI so keyboard accessibility is super valuable. I'm trying to read a book by one of those footnote fanatical authors too hah!

thank you!

Calibre 6.28
Ubuntu 22.04
noodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 11:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pressing esc twice works for me. The first time it opens the viewer controls and the second time it closes them and when it does the footnote popup is closed as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2023, 05:16 AM   #3
noodler
noodler began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have restarted the viewer and escape now works. Odd!

Thank you for your patience and all your hard work.
noodler is offline   Reply With Quote