Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-13-2023, 08:45 AM   #1
Lee1969
Lee1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung tablets
Possible to make a double-click on the book cover open the book itself ?

Hi folks !

My first post here, about a problem I didn't find anywhere on this forum (perhaps I didn't search good enough.. my apologizes then).

On the main screen (the one with the booklist), on the right you can display a view of the book cover. When double-clicking on it, it shows a larger view of this cover, together with some metadata about the book. Not very useful imho...

Is it possible to configure Calibre so that double-clicking on that cover opens the book directly (with the associated software, epub or pdf reader, etc.) ?

Thanks a lot and greetings to you all !
Lee1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 09:45 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
By default, double click on the book entry in the book list/grid will View the book. Or just press 'V'. They will also work when the embedded Book Details panel is hidden (Alt+Shift+D).

IMCO: the current behaviour of double click on the embedded Book Details cover to show a detached Book Details panel that includes all columns, which also has Next and Previous buttons, is extremely useful.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-13-2023 at 09:47 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 03:30 AM   #3
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Wow I had no idea that was a thing! Nice to know.

I also use hotkeys, but that's because I delete covers in my library lol.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book management, cover, reader launch