Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #526
Magic
Magic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 & paperwhite
Thanks for response.
I did. I followed the instructions from both text document I downloaded and the one that appeared on my device.

I copied two first files directly to the root directory - not into the "documents". I seriously don't know where I could make mistake.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #527
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Thanks for response.
I did. I followed the instructions from both text document I downloaded and the one that appeared on my device.

I copied two first files directly to the root directory - not into the "documents". I seriously don't know where I could make mistake.
You didn't make any mistake. But the jailbreak itself does not do anything visible - it only "unlocks" the Kindle so you can install custom applications. So yes, you need to install something else to actually experience something new - Try KUAL for a start.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #528
Magic
Magic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 & paperwhite
Thank you ixtab. I'm gonna check it now.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #529
amateur_hour
amateur_hour began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@ixtab

I've been having the diags issue mentioned early in the thread. The odd thing is, I've had my paperwhite for around 6 months, and I had no problems with the jailbreak until a week or so ago. (I screwed up and let amazon update firmware. When I went to reinstall the jailbreak, the diags issue came up and the rescue packs wouldn't install with them) Any suggestions for a non-SSH fluent individual to reflash the diags partition?

Also, I apologize for having my first post be a request. I know how much everyone hates it when lurkers like me do that.
amateur_hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #530
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Heads up! on the PW firmware 5.3.6. I wish I were competent enough to contribute something useful to this group beside these heads ups...
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #531
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
Heads up! on the PW firmware 5.3.6. I wish I were competent enough to contribute something useful to this group beside these heads ups...
It has already been determined that the jailbreak survives the update to 5.3.6

So no rush about updating this, anyone can just install an earlier version which this jailbreak is built for, jailbreak, and then update to 5.3.6
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #532
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... but it would still be interesting to know whether the jailbreak can be *installed* on 5.3.6

(It "surviving" an update simply means that the jailbreak bridge is doing its work).

Could anybody with 5.3.6 try this please?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #533
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
... but it would still be interesting to know whether the jailbreak can be *installed* on 5.3.6
Bridge - work!
Jailbreak - don't work...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #534
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Bridge - work!
Jailbreak - don't work...
Thanks for testing and reporting back.

So after all, there is no "armistice" - at least not from Amazon's side. Not surprising to me. (I *was* surprised that it worked on 5.3.4 and 5.3.5. Probably unintended).

Whatever.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #535
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Thanks for testing and reporting back.

So after all, there is no "armistice" - at least not from Amazon's side. Not surprising to me. (I *was* surprised that it worked on 5.3.4 and 5.3.5. Probably unintended).

Whatever.
Well, I thought it would be nice if they had changed their behavior.
Better than saying that lab126 screwed up their intended build (twice in a row).
I'll edit my nice words and go back to making jokes about lab126 build Q.C. from time to time.

Last edited by knc1; 06-19-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #536
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I would love to see a statistic how many user uses the fw 5.3.5 and 5.3.6 or everything else. -> meanwhile in the secret lab "lab126" :
- No upgrades boss, the new devices is downgraded too
- Fck#&?! ixtab! Implement a new feature immediately, and everybody will upgrading!
- What's the most important feature?
- Hmmm...make an automatic buying while clicking a sample book.

Last edited by hanog; 06-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #537
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanog View Post
I would love to see a statistic how many user uses the fw 5.3.5 and 5.3.6 or everything else. -> meanwhile in the secret lab "lab126" :
- No upgrades boss, the new devices is downgraded too
- Fck#&?! ixtab! Implement a new feature immediately, and everybody will upgrading!
- What's the most important feature?
- Hmmm...make an automatic buying while clicking a sample book.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #538
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Very good work! Is this jailbreak only for Kindle PW? Is it for Kindle touch 5.3.2.1, too? If not, why is it so complicated for the last one? Could s.o. simplify it?
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #539
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry View Post
Very good work! Is this jailbreak only for Kindle PW? Is it for Kindle touch 5.3.2.1, too? If not, why is it so complicated for the last one? Could s.o. simplify it?
This thread is for the Kindle Paperwhite.
Try this thread for the Kindle Touch:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
And follow the links for the KT-5.3 devices in the top post of the thread.

Q: The "last one" what? Question is ambiguous in its context.
Q: What do you mean by: "s.o." ?

Last edited by knc1; 06-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #540
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry View Post
No, it's not for the Kindle Touch. But jailbreaking a Kindle Touch is as simple as burning Kubrick to a CD and booting from the CD.