Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #76
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still View Post
CR works fine using the latest version on my PW2. But when I close CR, Kindle doesn't redraw/refresh the home screen, I have either to tap every single (still invisible) object to have it displayed (are still not visible) - actually all the taps work correctly, just the buttons and books are invisible or put Kindle in to sleep and get it back from sleep using hardware button - then all the interface looks fine again.... Any suggestion?...
Hi!

This is known problem. Somebody already reported it. I have not fixed it yet because I have no PW2 ( I have only Kindle Touch and it works fine )

But if you are familiar with USB networking and linux shell, we can try to fix it togather.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #77
volkaoth
Enthusiast
volkaoth began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
... the 2015.02 build did not start on a KT2 (FW 5.6.1)
volkaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #78
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkaoth View Post
... the 2015.02 build did not start on a KT2 (FW 5.6.1)
Excuse me. What is KT2 ? I know Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite 1/2.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #79
volkaoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Excuse me. What is KT2 ? I know Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite 1/2.
it is the new Kindle 2014 (with Touch) - the cheapest Version
here in the forum called Kindle Touch 2 (KT2).

it has the same new firmware like a PW/PW2 (FW 5.6.1).
jailbreak for PW2 works also for KT2,
mainly the display is a cheaper version (no frontlight and only 800x600 resolution) but most of the hacks/software are also working.
I am running KUAL+Helper, MRPI, USBnetwork and Kvncviewer on it.

So I tried this one too ....
but sadly it crashs by opening, only a short flickering on the display
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #80
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
it is the new Kindle 2014 (with Touch) - the cheapest Version
here in the forum called Kindle Touch 2 (KT2).

it has the same new firmware like a PW/PW2 (FW 5.6.1).
jailbreak for PW2 works also for KT2,
mainly the display is a cheaper version (no frontlight and only 800x600 resolution) but most of the hacks/software are also working.
I am running KUAL+Helper, MRPI, USBnetwork and Kvncviewer on it.

So I tried this one too ....
but sadly it crashs by opening, only a short flickering on the display
Thanks!

Probably we can find the reason in the

vlasovsoft/launcher.log.txt

file.

Another reason can be: I have not added support for KT2 yet. Please post here the first 4 symbols of your reader serial number. Probably I need to add it in the launcher.sh
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #81
volkaoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks!

Probably we can find the reason in the

vlasovsoft/launcher.log.txt

file.

Another reason can be: I have not added support for KT2 yet. Please post here the first 4 symbols of your reader serial number. Probably I need to add it in the launcher.sh
SRN: 90C6 xxxx xxxx xxxx

its listed on the intern SN-table:
Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Old 02-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #82
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
SRN: 90C6 xxxx xxxx xxxx

its listed on the intern SN-table:
Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Ok, I'll upload a new build tomorrow. Please keep in touch.

I need to know what device is used for touch screen in the KT2

KT uses /dev/input/event3
KPW uses /dev/input/event0
KPW2 uses /dev/input/event1

You can find it if you have usb network.

please try

evtest /dev/input/event0
evtest /dev/input/event3

and figure out which device responds when you touch the screen.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 02-12-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@sergeyvl12: I can't remember OTOH, but check KOReader, we fixed it a few days ago (But on a hunch, I'd say event1, IIRC).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #84
Still
Still began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Hi!

This is known problem. Somebody already reported it. I have not fixed it yet because I have no PW2 ( I have only Kindle Touch and it works fine )

But if you are familiar with USB networking and linux shell, we can try to fix it togather.
Sorry, I was not enough precise describing the situation, all those problems with blank screen happen not closing CR, but when I close vlasovsoft launcher that contains all the applications. Unfortunately I'm still not familiar with USB networking (some my linux shell knowledge won't do any help without USB networking I suppose...)
Still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #85
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sergeyvl12: I can't remember OTOH, but check KOReader, we fixed it a few days ago (But on a hunch, I'd say event1, IIRC).
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:23 AM   #86
volkaoth
Enthusiast

for KT2 its event1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	touchtest.png
Views:	353
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	134784  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #87
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
for KT2 its event1
New build.

http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopi...0&p=1687#p1687
Old 02-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #88
volkaoth
Enthusiast

build 2015.03 on KT2:
now the menu appears but the touch is not functional.
after a few seconds the menubar appears again, it seems the software stoped working, but the touch is still not functional, only a reboot getting the touch online again :/
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #89
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
build 2015.03 on KT2:
now the menu appears but the touch is not functional.
after a few seconds the menubar appears again, it seems the software stoped working, but the touch is still not functional, only a reboot getting the touch online again :/
Ok. Framebuffer driver works. But we need modify the touch driver. I used touch driver from KPW2, but it seems wrong.

Can you run evtest /dev/input/event1 again and make some touches?

Second, I'll try to examine coreader sources
Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 AM   #90
volkaoth
Enthusiast

here some testtouches ^^

some simple touches are shown in the attachments.
based on evtest, the resolution of the Display (800x600)
is handled in the max-values and its different to a kpw2.
If the Eink typdef may help, the panel id is: ED060 SCP (LF) T1-01
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test01.png
Views:	338
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	134902   Click image for larger version

Name:	test02.png
Views:	339
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	134903   Click image for larger version

Name:	test03.png