Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-09-2024, 01:31 AM   #2836
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dent0p View Post
One more question, sorry. If I manually change the % Read figure to 100 in Calibre, will this sync in the other direction? So that the Kobo shows the book as Finished?
Yes, "Kobo Utilities -> Store/Restore Current Bookmarks". Use Restore Option, it will send the status to your Kobo and the book will be marked as Finished.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:01 AM   #2837
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, "Kobo Utilities -> Store/Restore Current Bookmarks". Use Restore Option, it will send the status to your Kobo and the book will be marked as Finished.
Excellent. Thank you!!
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2024, 04:52 PM   #2838
Steven Karp
Enthusiast
Steven Karp began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Tablet / Calibre or Nexus 9 / Moon+
I'm having a weird problem with the database backup function.

Currently Calibre 7.3 on an M2 MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.2.1, but this has been going on for quite a while--since late in the Ventura lifecycle, if memory serves.

When I attempt a backup of the database via the Kobo Utilities (at device connection, natch), I get this error:

Code:
calibre, version 7.3.0 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

CantOpenError: unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 104, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 215, in do_device_database_backup
    check_result = check_device_database(backup_file_path)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 6102, in check_device_database
    cursor.execute(check_query)
  File "src/cursor.c", line 1088, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare_v3
apsw.CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file
However, if I manually select Database-->Check the device database, it thinks for a couple of minutes and then reports it to be okay.

All database updates work fine (reading position, adding books, updating series and other metadata, etc.)

Similarly, if I plug the reader into my Windows machine, Kobo Utilities backs up the database without a complaint.

Possibly relevant: Sonoma, as best I can tell, no longer has the "Removable Volumes" permission (the Kobo desktop utility always complains about not having that access). I *have* given Calibre "Full Disk Access" permission.

Other, random, thought: is it possible there's a case sensitivity issue here? FWIW, the on-device file is named "KoboReader.sqlite".
Steven Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 03:53 AM   #2839
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Steven

Have you checked in the KoboUtilities plugin configuration where it is trying to save the backup file to? Just looking at the error message it maybe that the directory path on the mac is incorrect/invalid.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:21 AM   #2840
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

I have checked the directory. I've also changed it to a new one specifically created for the test and made the change via the GUI and made the change via the Browse button. So I'm fairly confident that the path is okay.

That said, the backup directory is on a network drive. Which, again, doesn't seem to bother the Windows machine, but I imagine it could be an issue for the Mac.
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 01:41 PM   #2841
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Steven

Try to save to the local drive and see if that works. If it does then you know the network drive is the issue.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:11 AM   #2842
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

Finally got a chance to check it out. As we rather expected, the backup went smoothly to the local drive.

Any suggestions for how to determine what the issue is with the NAS drive, and how to resolve it?
Old 01-12-2024, 11:21 AM   #2843
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre does not support having content stored on a NAS. I guess it applies to plugins.
Why not write a simple Batch file to move it on a schedule ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:28 AM   #2844
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

I'd find that argument a lot more convincing if the backup to the NAS didn't work perfectly on Windows and Linux. ;-)

I probably will do the scripted move, if moving the files manually gets too annoying.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:42 PM   #2845
georgemk
Addict

Unfortunately unless someone steps up to the plate to look into the code of this plug-in, the answer is just save local and copy/sync the backup files to the NAS.

(The plug-in author passed away some 16 months ago so fixes are few and far between although some people have stepped up to fix 1 off issues)

Last edited by georgemk; 01-12-2024 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 04:54 PM   #2846
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Karp View Post
I'd find that argument a lot more convincing if the backup to the NAS didn't work perfectly on Windows and Linux. ;-)
Using a NAS or share location direct in an application (that's not a network aware or file transfer application) can work fine on Windows or Linux till the day it doesn't. So on Windows Visual Basic using ODBC to MS-SQL on another computer is fine, but Visual Basic using ODBC to Access Files on Drive H:, where H: is really a network share will sooner or later die. Fun stuff even with MS Word or Excel using a network share rather than really local files, though it can work for ages.

So I only use remote files for years now with file managers, filezilla, rsync etc., never directly in an application on Linux or Windows. Many of my application on Linux don't even show locations mounted off the LAN, but only local drives (inc USB Mass Storage and SD Cards).

Last edited by Quoth; 01-12-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 07:45 PM   #2847
khoogeland
khoogeland began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage/ Kobo Elipsa
I recently started getting an error when trying to manually back-up my Kobo Elipsa's database. The file it can't find, does indeed not exist. There are earlier back-ups in this directory, though. I tried looking on this Forum, but couldn't find an answer. I hope some one here will point me in the right direction if I overlooked something.

I tried a few thing like changing the directory. I tried adding an empty text-file with the name of the missing file. Unsurprisingly this didn't work. But I did not expect the error code to stay the same, but it did. I'm probably misreading the error message. Or I would expect there to be a way to start from scratch, what am I missing?

The database itself seems fine (Device database check reads "ok", I compressed it and was able to make a manual back-up.

This is the error message:

calibre, version 7.3.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'H:\\Documents\\01 Prive\\Boeken maken\\Kobo Database Backup\\KoboReader-KoboElipsa-N604220028271-20240116-013200.sqlite'

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 199, in do_device_database_backup
File "shutil.py", line 258, in copyfile
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'H:\\Documents\\01 Prive\\Boeken maken\\Kobo Database Backup\\KoboReader-KoboElipsa-N604220028271-20240116-013200.sqlite'

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
khoogeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 08:35 PM   #2848
grimorie
grimorie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello! I also have a problem with Kobo and Calibre whenever I send ebooks or update a fic via Kobo Touch, this is the error log:

Quote:
calibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 588, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 485, in sync_booklists
all_nulls = __rows_needing_imageid()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 480, in __rows_needing_imageid
c.execute(select_query, (self.content_types["main"],))
File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
I've already reset my Kobo several times, even uninstalled and installed Calibre and I keep getting this error. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks!
grimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:33 AM   #2849
nAhu
Enthusiast
nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: Kobo Glo (kobo4)
Update Metadata of kepub ?

Hi
I had "harmonized" my calibre library and the content of my kobo glo.
After this some of my kepub download thru wifi now have their metadata (title and so) updated by calibre.
But when I try to "update metadata" with Kobo utilities those same metadata are not updated even not "recognized" by the plugin as in the summary window whose books are not in the book count.

Is this normal ?

Thx
nAhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 02:44 AM   #2850
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
I had the same issue and the way to solve it is to sign out and back in of your Kobo account on the device.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities