Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
mopping five
Enthusiast
mopping five doesn't littermopping five doesn't litter

Device: nook
I could swear I saw a comment about a coupon or gift card

...deal for new nook buyers.

I'm going to go for it, get a nook. But if there's a coupon code or something I've missed that makes it an even better deal I'm going to feel like a fool.

And I was sure I'd read something about that in this forum.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
mopping five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I mentioned something about maybe them offering a gift certificate at Christmas time. But it was only a guess. I get B&N coupons and deals in my email, and so far the only coupon I have says it isn't valid for the Nook.

Maybe somebody else knows of one.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
morari
The Word-Eater
morari began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
My AAA discount isn't even good for the Nook. I'd hazard to guess that the price is already low enough for their comfort. :P
morari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You're probably thinking of the $50 B&N gift card that was offered as an interim step between the original $259 price and the current $199 price. That offer only applied to the $259 price.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
verily
verily began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Sadly, even the 3rd party company discount I get from B&N doesn't cover the nook & e-books. I suspect they make a healthy profit from the nook and don't want to diminish it.
verily is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have the B&N Mastercard and use that to purchase ebooks, my nook and nook accessories. At least that way it's 5% cash back. There was also a $25 gift card offer when you signed up for the card, so I got that at the time as well.

Of course not everyone wants to get a credit card but it has been nice to have the 5% cash back every time I purchase something at B&N. And of course the rewards points for shopping elsewhere go to B&N gift cards!

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Some have received an email offering a $10 gift card when one spends $10 using a Mastercard.

Also, check your credit card's cash back program. If you link to B&N through your credit card website you can receive a few more percent cash back. Currently BofA has a 6-7% cash back on most things at B&N including nook and ebooks until Aug 31st.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote