Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #1
san2710
san2710 began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre library catalog

I have my calibre library in cloud at box.com synchronised. I was trying to create a catalogue that I can use at cloud by web browser. I used Calibre2Opds to create a catalogue. There is now additional folder _catalog created by calibre2opds, which is also synchronised at cloud. There is no option to make this folders public, only it is possible to create link to share the folder. When I entre my cloud through web browser and lunch the file index.html, new web page is created .The image of this is attached, where Calibre library ; authors: Recent additions; All books are shown , as supposed links , but they are not active, just the underline texts. I think those supposed to be active links and when clicked to display new windows with books sorted , bay authors etcc..I do not know what to do after many experiments. Some suggestions ??
If somebody have some other suggestion how to make a catalogue for calibre books at a cloud other then this way, I will appreciate any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	299
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	144477  
san2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre2opds requires the site that is hosting the catalog to be able to function as if it were a web server. The only cloud services that I know satisfy this requirement are Dropbox (if you have a Public folder) or Google Drive.

I do not believe the 'Public' folder is available with new Dropbox accounts although older accounts still have them.. The instructions for setting up Google Drive correctly to work with Calibre2opds are in the Calibre2opds documentation.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
While Dropbox no longer offers the Public folder, you can create one. See How do I link to a file or folder?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
san2710
san2710 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your replays. My calibre library is more then 5GB that why I am not using dropbox. I could try to set all this at gogledrive if everything is fixed there. Previously there was warning not use it because cannot have those calibre numbers in folders in brackets. Pity that I can access my library in box.com using calibre cloud or calibre companion by mobile but i cannot do it by my PC.Why it is not possible create similar program for windows for PC. I am running calibre server on my PC and I can access my library on my PC remotely, but I want to give access to my library in the cloud when my PC is not running.
san2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The issue with Google Drive is NOT fixed.

However, if you use something like MS Synctoy to copy your library and calibre2opds catalog to Google Drive, then if Google Drive ruins the folder scheme you won't lose anything and can recreate it.

IIRC Publication mode should copy all necessary files and make a calibre2opds catalog independent of the actual calibre library.

Aside: I have gotten 16.5 GB of Dropbox storage due to referrals from my signature.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert