Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-01-2022, 07:27 AM   #1
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Hidden WiFi SSID and run Koreader automatically?

Hi
Is it possible to connect to a hidden WiFi SSID in Koreader? I can do it from native interface but in Koreader I can only select not hidden ones

Another question is if I can configure Koreader to start automatically when power on my Kobo after it switched off, and open directly last document?

Kobo Aura One + Nickelmenu

Thanks
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
> hidden WiFi?.

If your wifi works on nickel it should work on KOReader too. If you're trying to add a new network then do it in nickel and it should be available the next time you run ko.

If you're attempting a harder setup where you want to choose one AP from the list of available networks, graphically from KO, then the best alternative right now is to unhide your network

> can I configure Koreader to start automatically

That's a bootstrapping issue. You can't change a program itself to start automatically. You'll need to change the firmware where KO runs. It is possible but not recommended unless you know what you're doing.

> open directly last document?

On the filemanager menu you can change the behaviour at start. You can choose between the filemanager, last document opened or history view. That sadly doesn't fix the bootstrap issue.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #3
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
> hidden WiFi?.

If your wifi works on nickel it should work on KOReader too. If you're trying to add a new network then do it in nickel and it should be available the next time you run ko.

If you're attempting a harder setup where you want to choose one AP from the list of available networks, graphically from KO, then the best alternative right now is to unhide your network

> can I configure Koreader to start automatically

That's a bootstrapping issue. You can't change a program itself to start automatically. You'll need to change the firmware where KO runs. It is possible but not recommended unless you know what you're doing.

> open directly last document?

On the filemanager menu you can change the behaviour at start. You can choose between the filemanager, last document opened or history view. That sadly doesn't fix the bootstrap issue.
Working now!!
Thanks so much
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote