Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
ntharrison
ntharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3Gb
"The title is not signed by a registered developer"

Hi,

I am currently trying to write my own kindlet for my kindle 3GB.
Using this post's hello world code I am struggling to get anything running:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102386

The main issue I am having after running the .azw2 file is "The title is not signed by a registered developer"

I have signed with dn,di,dk with the following line:
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.azw2 dktest

And also tried with Test.jar with no avail.
I have tried using the developer.keystore from this forum and also tried just using the mkk install file.

I am at a loss of what else to try, have you guys got any suggestions?
ntharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Try to specify the full path of your developer.keystore file.
Also, try to execute the command on the same file with all dktest, ditest, dntest (in sequence)
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntharrison View Post
Hi,

I am currently trying to write my own kindlet for my kindle 3GB.
Using this post's hello world code I am struggling to get anything running:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102386

The main issue I am having after running the .azw2 file is "The title is not signed by a registered developer"

I have signed with dn,di,dk with the following line:
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.azw2 dktest

And also tried with Test.jar with no avail.
I have tried using the developer.keystore from this forum and also tried just using the mkk install file.

I am at a loss of what else to try, have you guys got any suggestions?
The message indicates that either you have not signed the package with one of our keys or you haven't installed our keys (for your device, re-install the 'hotfix' package (any of them) which includes installing the keys).

Note:
If running 5.9.anything on a PW3, then "Active Content" is no longer supported and even once you figure out the signing problem, it is not going to work (but you will get a different error message).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
ntharrison

I have tried signing the package with the forums keys, and making my own. It doesn’t seem to change, I’ve tried installing the package with the keys, I’ve also tried using usbnetworking to replace the developer.keystore on the device. It’s the original kindle 3 (keyboard one) so don’t know if that helps.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #5
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried this or this?

Last edited by encol; 03-30-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 12:32 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have tried signing the package with the forums keys, and making my own. It doesn’t seem to change, I’ve tried installing the package with the keys, I’ve also tried using usbnetworking to replace the developer.keystore on the device. It’s the original kindle 3 (keyboard one) so don’t know if that helps.
Sorry, I misread your device identification.
"Active Content" is still supported on the K3.

Note:
I think the references you are using only apply to the KT and newer.
The K3 firmwares use an older interface standard (jar).
Be sure you are using the proper install/uninstall from the current MKK for K3 model to install the keyset and are signing with the proper key.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Old 03-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
ntharrison

Encol, I’ve tried both of them unfortunately.
Knc1, what do you mean by the old interface? I have installed the correct version of mkk and I’m fairly sure it works as it allows KUAL to be installed and other Kindlets from this forum like Kindlenote.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

There where (are) two versions of the java interface.

Those keys do not have anything with controlling installation.
Only with authorizing the execution of applications signed with them.

KUAL is in a public repository -
Look at how it is built and signed, that should help you spot what you are doing wrong.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 AM   #9
encol
Evangelist

Can you attach your jar?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 AM   #10
ntharrison

I've attached my Test.jar, it should be signed with the latest keystone from the forum, with dktest digest dntest. I'm not 100% sure I have it compiled correctly but it always gives the same error message on the kindle. Is there a way to check if it's signed correctly?
Attached Files
File Type: jar Test.jar (305.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #11
ntharrison

I've worked something out! The KUAL azw2 was signed with a different algorithm than the default for jarsigner, changing it to SHA1 with the following command worked.

jarsigner -sigalg SHA1withDSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar dntest

I now have another issue unfortunately. I get "Main class not found" when running it on the kindle. Sorry for being useless, any ideas?
Old 03-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
I now have another issue unfortunately. I get "Main class not found" when running it on the kindle. Sorry for being useless, any ideas?
That sounds as if you are writing to the wrong interface for K3 firmware.
(Still following the touchscreen directions.)
Although it might be something else entirely.
Try searching our Kindlet information, I seem to recall that error being mentioned in the past.

= = = =

I also suspect you are having trouble finding the prior Kindlet work.

Top "sticky" section of the forum index -
Thread with "Where do I start?" in its title -
Click Kindlet
That will put you on the index page for Kindlet information.
(Note: It is a wiki page, you can edit it to add and/or correct index entries to the information you may find anywhere on site or off site)

= = = =

The current worked and working example source repository:
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlelauncher
A specific starting place (build.xml):
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...e-view-default
More specifically:
PHP Code:
    <target name="build" depends="compile">
        <echo 
level="info">Launching build targets</echo>
          <
antcall target="restore-parser"/>
          <
antcall target="build-kdk">
             <
param name="kdk-version" value="1.0"/>
         </
antcall>
          <
antcall target="build-kdk">
             <
param name="kdk-version" value="2.0"/>
         </
antcall>
         <
antcall target="build-booklet"/>
    </
target
(sorry, forum does not support xml tags)
You want to follow the "kdk-version = 1.0" build process for a K3
(I am pretty sure you are now following the build process for "kdk-version = 2.0")
See also: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...lib/?at=master

= = = =

Note: ixtab is long gone on to other things than fooling around with Kindles (he completed his c.s. PhD and had to get a job), but other people have admin access to that repository in case you need to push something to it.
(NiLuJe might have a clone or fork of ixtab's repo that he builds the snapshots from - but the ixtab repo is the master and it does build as you see it now.)

Last edited by knc1; 03-31-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
encol
Evangelist

Quote:
I've attached my Test.jar, it should be signed with the latest keystone from the forum, with dktest digest dntest. I'm not 100% sure I have it compiled correctly but it always gives the same error message on the kindle. Is there a way to check if it's signed correctly?
I signed your jar with my keystore, but i got an incompatibility error.
Try it on your kindle
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 Test.azw2 (305.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #14
ntharrison

Thanks for this, I'm using the 1.2 KDK from my kindle so that should be the right one?

I'm now stuck trying to run the build.xml, I'm now getting this error:

"Source option 1.4 is no longer supported. Use 1.6 or later."
I've changed the java version in eclipse but running the build.xml uses Javac to compile and that seems to not want to use older versions.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #15
ntharrison

Thanks encol, yours signed correctly for me to run it, it seems to be to do with SHA1 against SHA256 in the certificate.

The issue I think I've got now is compiling it with the wrong java version, but I'm struggling to get a project set up in eclipse properly. I've previously been using the terminal to compile and make the jar file but I think I need to use eclipse to compile with an older java version.