Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-09-2024, 09:10 AM   #511
MarkFalk
MarkFalk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.7.3
I am using "Hyphenate-This!" with azw3-files for "old" kindle-reader and German texts. With nearly every (German) text the hyphenation with the plug-in works.
But some days ago I have converted a German text from pdf to epub (and after editing converting again to azw3, but his makes no difference) and tried several time adding soft-hyphens with the "Hyphenate This!"-plugin. After some time of investigations I realized that the plug-in only added soft-hyphens to text which is enclosed by / between <i class="calibre9"> and </i>, not into "normal" text w/o this tags. Checking this with ebook-edit and searching for "\xad" as "regex" soft-hyphens are only found in text in/between <i class="calibre9"></i> and only this text is displayed with hyphenation. After some research I have learned hat also ebook-polish does insert soft-hyphenations and after doing this with ebook-polish the soft-hyphens are in the complete text: They are found with "\xad" and also are working when displaying the text.
Seems as if the plug-in has a bug and ebook-polish does some things different than the plug-in.
After this I remembered vague that I have realized in the past, that the plug-in did not work with a few other ebooks. Unfortunately I don´t know enough about the structure of .epub, .azw3 etc. for further analyzes.
MarkFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 05:46 PM   #512
Ancanar
Ancanar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hyphenate This doesn't hyphen "as much as it should"

Hello.
I use hyphenate this on my ebooks but although it makes the words hyhen here and there it still does not make all spaces between words equally white as I expected it to do. You can see on the attached screenshot that although some words are hyphenated the space marked in red is much wider than the one marked in green (it's from Calibre preview but looks exactly the same on my Kindle). Is the way to set up the plugin to make spaces equally wide like in real paper books?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	438065509_7779791412051822_7949740060718451623_n.png
Views:	32
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	207534  
Ancanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2024, 07:05 PM   #513
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@Ancanar: Posting duplicate messages is frowned upon. Please avoid doing so.

See this thread in the Amazon Kindle forum: Hyphenate This doesn't hyphen "as much as it should" .
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces