Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Paperwhite - All books starting at last page

I use Calibre, and added a new book to my Kindle yesterday (don't know if this might have caused the problem?).

I have about 150 books on my Kindle.

When I open any book, it shows the last page in the book.
When I turn the Kindle off and back on, the last page I was reading will show, but if I go the 'Home' screen' to look at another book, then go back, to carry on reading the previous book, it shows the last page.

I don't know why this has suddenly started happening!

I restarted the Kindle, but it's still the same.

Any ideas

Last edited by Kraftwerk; 01-03-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Never heard this one before. I'd try a factory reset. It'll wipe out your books, but it would likely fix your problem.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Have you rebooted it? Or did you just put it to sleep?
Hold the power button for at least 30 seconds to reboot it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
Kraftwerk
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Have you rebooted it? Or did you just put it to sleep?
Hold the power button for at least 30 seconds to reboot it.
I restarted it in the options - is this the same as rebooting?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #5
Kraftwerk
Zealot

I decided to do a 'factor reset'.
Didn't want to, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
I made a note of my settings but completely forgot about the light setting, which I will have to play around with.
Everything seems to be back to normal again.
Thanks
Advert
Old 01-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
I restarted it in the options - is this the same as rebooting?
As long as you saw the boy under the tree, yes.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Hmm, bit late, but...

Sideloaded books, when deleted, leave their annotations data behind (although calibre's Delete from device will clear that as well).
Assuming the author/title data hasn't changed in calibre, it will receive the same on-device filename, and remember the last place you were at when you deleted it. I assume that was when you finished the book.

Now, if you are saying that after opening the book, you went back but the Kindle did not remember your new location, that is a different problem, and it sounds like the Kindle wasn't remembering the new location once you closed the book.
I'm not sure why that might happen (corrupted file, maybe?), but I would be willing to bet deleting just the {book-filename}.sdr/ folder (next to the {book-filename}.azw3 file) would have done the trick as well.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
Kraftwerk
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Hmm, bit late, but...

Sideloaded books, when deleted, leave their annotations data behind (although calibre's Delete from device will clear that as well).
Assuming the author/title data hasn't changed in calibre, it will receive the same on-device filename, and remember the last place you were at when you deleted it. I assume that was when you finished the book.

Now, if you are saying that after opening the book, you went back but the Kindle did not remember your new location, that is a different problem, and it sounds like the Kindle wasn't remembering the new location once you closed the book.
I'm not sure why that might happen (corrupted file, maybe?), but I would be willing to bet deleting just the {book-filename}.sdr/ folder (next to the {book-filename}.azw3 file) would have done the trick as well.
Thanks for replying