Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #121
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #122
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Thanks to DNSB's template for the overrrides, my job is much easier. I am in the process of making my Kobopatch.yaml file and I'll be using that as my "mission control" like Jackie_W says.

Also, simply doing a search for "yes" on my patched Forma .yaml files highlights all the enabled patches makes it much easier to quickly determine which patches to enable in the kobopatch.yaml file.

I'm using Gedit on Linux.

Last edited by tayseidel; 12-15-2019 at 12:38 PM.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #123
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
**solved** - tried to do the kobopatch.yaml thing instead of the individual yaml files and everything seemed like it was fine but no file KoboRoot.tgz was generated in the out folder and had this message at the very bottom of the log, which makes sense since it wasn't generated, but what now? thanks. and do you need to see more of the log?

"--> could not find KoboRoot.tgz"

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #124
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Yeah, post the log so we can see what error is being generated. Likely you have a mismatch of a patch name between the kobopatch file and the patch name in the .yaml files in the /src folder.

Check to make sure you have the corresponding firmware to your device downloaded and put that in the /src folder.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #125
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
Yeah, post the log so we can see what error is being generated. Likely you have a mismatch of a patch name between the kobopatch file and the patch name in the .yaml files in the /src folder.

Check to make sure you have the corresponding firmware to your device downloaded and put that in the /src folder.
thanks. I got it handled. there was an issue, my fault since I'm still learning, but for some reason the message didn't pop up in the log the first time. I downloaded the fw again and reran the patch one more time and got the message about what I need to fix.

thanks again
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #126
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thanks to DNSB's template for the overrrides, my job is much easier. I am in the process of making my Kobopatch.yaml file and I'll be using that as my "mission control" like Jackie_W says.

Also, simply doing a search for "yes" on my patched Forma .yaml files highlights all the enabled patches makes it much easier to quickly determine which patches to enable in the kobopatch.yaml file.
Just a caveat. If you're going to use kobopatch.yaml as Mission Control, make sure you have Enable: no everywhere in the src/*.yaml files. (I'm sure geek1011 will correct me if I'm wrong!) I think an Enable: yes in a src/*.yaml file may override a 'no' in the kobopatch.yaml file.
See geek1011's next post.

P.S. Your image attachment is too big. The Mods may swoop soon if you don't reduce it.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-15-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Correction
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #127
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just a caveat. If you're going to use kobopatch.yaml as Mission Control, make sure you have Enable: no everywhere in the src/*.yaml files. (I'm sure geek1011 will correct me if I'm wrong!) I think an Enable: yes in a src/*.yaml file may override a 'no' in the kobopatch.yaml file.
Any override (yes or no) will override the enabled option in the patch files (i.e. the overrides take precedence). If there isn't an override, whatever's in the patch files will apply.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #128
tayseidel
Zealot

Thanks Jackie_w. I already knew to have all patches in the /src folder set to enabled: no. That's common sense to me.

I'm starting with a fresh kobopatch folder for the firmware update I'll be doing on the forma in a bit. I am assuming that the default state for all patches in the /src folder are all set to enabled: no. I'll check first.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #129
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

okay, I'm golden, and more learning so that's great. now that I have a customized kobopatch.yaml how do I utilize that for future fw upgrades and patches? the path isn't clear to me at the moment, especially if new patches are issued in the interim. do I just go through the new files each time or??? thanks.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #130
tayseidel
Zealot

Just copy the kobopatch.yaml file over to the new kobopatch folder for the new fw. Do check to make sure that the patch names match. An example would be the Freedom for Advanced Fonts control. I think the name for that changed in this current firmware for the patch. I'll be double checking that.

Also, check for new patches that have been included in the patch files in the /src folder, and if you enable those, add those to your kobopatch.yaml file.

Last edited by tayseidel; 12-15-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification. Example: kobopatch file vs kobopatch folder. Specified that kobopatch file means kobopatch.yaml
Old 12-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #131
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Just copy the kobopatch file over to the new kobopatch folder for the new fw. Do check to make sure that the patch names match. An example would be the Freedom for Advanced Fonts control. I think the name for that changed in this current firmware for the patch. I'll be double checking that.

Also, check for new patches that have been included in the patch files in the /src folder, and if you enable those, add those to your kobopatch.yaml file.
shoot. I didn't realize it had changed so that didn't come over like the first time. and thanks.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #132
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Any override (yes or no) will override the enabled option in the patch files (i.e. the overrides take precedence). If there isn't an override, whatever's in the patch files will apply.
OK My decision to only list the patches I'm going to use in kobopatch.yaml will be why I've been bitten in the past by leftover Enabled:yes lines in src/*.yaml.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #133
tayseidel
Zealot

Also make sure that you have any custom modifications added to the .yaml files in the /src folder.

An example would be the custom header/footer heights, which are set to 62px in my nickel.yaml file. Even though I have that enabled in the kobopatch.yaml file, I still have to go to the nickel.yaml file to input the new header/footer height.

As a reminder, I have the values commented out in my kobopatch.yaml file. Here is what that looks like:

Code:
  src/nickel.yaml: 
    Show all games: no 
    Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no 
    Change pop-up footnote font-family: no 
    Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: yes 
    Reduce top/bottom page spacer: yes 
    Custom synopsis details line spacing: no 
    Custom synopsis font size: no 
    Increase home screen cover size: yes 
    Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: yes 
    Increase Book Details synopsis area: yes 
    Increase library cover size: yes 
    Custom collection/author header title font: no 
# START FOOTER/HEADER HEIGHTS ARE: 62;62    
    Reduce new header/footer height: yes 
# END FOOTER/HEADER HEIGHTS ARE: 62;62 
    Custom new header/footer font: no 
    Custom page navigation scrubber: no 
    Increase headlines font: no 
    New home screen subtitle custom font: no 
    Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no 
    Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no

Last edited by tayseidel; 12-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #134
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

I tried to go back and redo for the font control change and it won't run just like last time. pita. I redownloaded everything but the bat file won't run like it should. gotta be a win10 (I hate you so much) thing.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #135
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I tried to go back and redo for the font control change and it won't run just like last time. pita. I redownloaded everything but the bat file won't run like it should. gotta be a win10 (I hate you so much) thing.
That error is almost as if you deleted KoboRoot.tgz from the update zip. One thing you could try is to download https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...9.14123.tar.xz, and change the firmware path in kobopatch.yaml to point to it. Although, I think the issue is something to do with how you're doing it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching