Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #106
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
My avatar epitomizes the way I look after reading a typical post by Jon (JSWolf).
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #107
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Mine is cropped from a photo I took at the flying fox colony in my suburb. I used to do bush regeneration there until the body, and especially the knees, protested.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #108
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
I had fun one day with the avatar editor on the XBox 360, and I captured a copy and started using it as my avatar for all the web sites I am on.

Ken
KenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:31 AM   #109
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
It's the same avatar I use everywhere. I think the smile looks nice and honest.
It's a (cropped) picture of a comic book cover, Death's Head II (a reincarnation of the original Death's Head, yes?).

I liked both characters, so when I had to choose an avatar, I took this one - he just looks more friendly, IMO.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #110
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I knew there was one of these threads somewhere.

My avatar is a really poorly clipped photo of a cell-phone charm I bought along the shopping avenue in front of the temple at Asakusa. It's a dog which is my Chinese zodiac animal. It's only about one inch square in size. Almost real size as an avatar. It used to ride around on my camera bag, but now it's attached to my book bag. He turned six years old this year.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #111
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Back around 10 years ago I had an iguana that I named Ajax, and over the last few years I've been using it as my screen name. The avatar image is one of the few good pictures I could find of Ajax / greek warrior at the time.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #112
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
When I first went on line (dim mists of history thing) I picked my favorite robot character as my name. Over the years more people have started using R. Daneel Olivaw so I added the 54.

My avatar reflects the second appearance of R. Daneel in Asimov's THe Naked Sun

Now that I look at it, I should probably change it to something that doesn't look like the cover of a romance novel.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #113
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The story behind my avatar can be found in these three threads. They tell the tale of perhaps the most ineptly run contest in the history of the Internet, and of prizes offered whose total cash value wouldn't purchase a cup of coffee.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84154
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85361
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85863

It was fun, but the one thing I regret is that perhaps the contest hastened the cheapening of Karma that we've seen recently.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #114
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
I "stole" the pic from the other forum I frequent [the dog is real and I got the owner's blessing to use it]. I love the picture - to me, it captures the sheer joy of being a dog.

Then, I was lucky enough to be elevated to minion status here on MR but my mistress Lucifer's Brat.

I am patiently awaiting her return here...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #115
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Deleted

Last edited by wannabee; 08-11-2011 at 10:35 AM.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #116
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Mate.... This was my hero in the bathroom too.
I think that might have to be my new avatar temporarily.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #117
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
My name comes from my pet name for my husband...Pookeybear. We spent one of our first days as a couple making fun of other couples that give eachother pet names. Pookeybear was the one he hated most. Naturally I started to call him that from that day on (6 years ago this past August 5th ) We worked at a towing company together at the time, I was his dispatcher. I would call him on the radio as Pookeybear and it caught on pretty fast, so everybody started calling him that, even over the loudspeaker in the yard

My avatar I got from the HBO show A Game of Thrones. They are Northern Inuit dogs and are used as the direwolves. A soon as I saw them I fell in love.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #118
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
My avatar and username come from my alma mater - The University of Central Florida.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #119
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
I think that might have to be my new avatar temporarily.
I hadn't read the thread properly before posting that and after doing so thought people might be taking it really seriously and . . . Got cold feet.
Glad you took it your stride mate.

That my dog. I drew her on my iPad.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #120
Ajax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I hadn't read the thread properly before posting that and after doing so thought people might be taking it really seriously and . . . Got cold feet.
Glad you took it your stride mate.

That my dog. I drew her on my iPad.
Now to see how many people are going with the new image.