Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 12:28 PM   #106
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I haven't tried this, but it might work. You'll probably have to specify the Java path relative to the plugins folder or the Calibre Python interpreter path.
Thanks I'll try
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:05 AM   #107
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Error with EpubCheck by Doitsu

Hello,

I tried posting in this thread but the thread is closed.

I have EpubCheck (0.2.3) by Doitsu (A simple EbubCheck 4.2.4 wrapper) installed on Calibre v5.27 in Win 10 (64bit).

Every time I try to run the checker I receive the following error.

Would anybody know how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Code:
calibre, version 5.27.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FileNotFoundError</b>:[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

calibre 5.27  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 42, 0) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 42, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 42, 0) && KFX Input (1, 42, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 55, 0) && KFX Output (1, 55, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 202, in ask_user
  File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 122, in get_arch
  File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 113, in jarWrapper
  File "subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 1307, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #108
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A couple of quick questions. Do you have Java installed? Is the path to the Java executable present? I.e. if you type java -version at a command prompt, do you get something similar to:

Code:
java -version
java version "1.8.0_301"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_301-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.301-b09, mixed mode)
Have you read through the messages in the [Editor Plugin] EpubCheck since there is some discussion starting around message #100 that may be relevant since the error message is the Italian translation of the one in your posted log.

BTW, I attempted to post a new message to that thread and it allowed me to open and type though I did not submit. What made you believe that it is closed?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:28 AM   #109
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello @DNSB and thanks for the reply

Quote:
Do you have Java installed? Is the path to the Java executable present? I.e. if you type java -version at a command prompt, do you get something similar to:
Ah, that may be the problem. When I type that I get
Code:
C:\Users\Office1>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I'll read those posts you pointed to, thanks.

Quote:
BTW, I attempted to post a new message to that thread and it allowed me to open and type though I did not submit. What made you believe that it is closed?
Because every thread seems to be closed for me. See image...
I also note that I wrote an Introductory post, but I can't see it. When I first posted it, I received a message that it won't be visible until approved, but strangely my post above was visible immediately and no mention of requiring approval. Did my other post disappear? I'll write it again if it has.
And is it normal to have captcha for every post?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thread closed.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	189271  
Old 09-16-2021, 01:59 AM   #110
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suspect this is due to an attempt to reduce spamming by new posters. Your message likely require moderator approval to be publicly seen. This should not be needed after you have posted a few messages.
Advert
Old 09-16-2021, 02:15 AM   #111
Karellen
Wizard

Ok, thanks
Old 09-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you do install Java, make sure you install the 64-bit version as there can be problems with epubcheck and 32-bit Java.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #113
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
FYI: Because of update checker limitations, the plugin will offer to download EPUBCheck v5.0.0-alpha-1.

Please change the following EpubCheck.json setting to false, until the W3C releases the final version:

"github": false,

If the plugin has already downloaded the alpha version on your machine, please download EPUBCheck 4.2.6 and replace the Java files in the Calibre plugin folder (....\calibre\plugins\EPUBCheck) with the EPUBCheck 4.2.6 files.

To display the Calibre plugin folder, select Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open Calibre configuration folder and double-click plugins.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:37 PM   #114
atichoo
atichoo began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem I have with an ePub for which the TOC shows correctly on my Mac Books app but on the iPhone/iPad, all the links in the TOC link to the cover...

I read in another thread that EpubCheck would be the solution to figure out what's happening however after I installed the plugin, restarted Calibre and clicked on it under Edit Book, nothing happens.

I am using Big Sur so I wonder if that is not the problem since I read that Java has to be installed for EpubCheck to work.

I don't think Java can run on Big Sur.

Any suggestion?

Thank you
atichoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:27 AM   #115
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since EPUBCheck is a Java app, you'll need to install Java. For more information, see Installing Java on macOS 11 Big Sur.

You could also give the Calibre epub checker a try, which'll also find some common epub problems.
Simply add your book to the Calibre library, right-click it, select Edit book and click Run check. (If the Check book window isn't shown, enable Check book in the View menu.)
If Calibre reports problems, click Try to correct all fixable errors automatically.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:07 PM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does epubcheck work with Calibre 3.48?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:25 AM   #117
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does epubcheck work with Calibre 3.48?
The current version requires at least Calibre 5.13.
The very first version that I released in 2016 might support it.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #118
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
When I try to use epubcheck, I get the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 6.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FileNotFoundError</b>:[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

calibre 6.9 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Comments Cleaner (1, 8, 0) && Count Pages (1, 12, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 18, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 197) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Library Codes (1, 0, 53) && Manage Series (1, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 3) && Reading List (1, 14, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 199, in ask_user
File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 123, in get_arch
File "calibre_plugins.epub_check.main", line 114, in jarWrapper
File "subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #119
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
When I try to use epubcheck, I get the following error:
The plugin requires Java.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:34 PM   #120
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@MSWallack

I nearly replied to this message before realizing that I had already replied to a near identical message in the Amazon's flawed conversion of epubs thread.

Please avoid doing this in the future lest you attract unwanted attention from the greenies!