Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #76
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
@nqk: IMHO, this is not a problem with low resolution, but with Segoe UI Light hinting in Windows 10/11 which makes the font look too delicate. Change the default font to Segoe UI Normal and you will see that everything looks perfectly sharp.
The Book List has become a bit hard on my eyes of late, your post prompted me to take a look at what I had -- it was Segoe UI [10pt] (Regular).

Never knew there were so many Segoe UI variants. Changed my setting to Segoe UI SemiBold [10pt] (Regular). Also upped my line spacing from -11px to -9px -- much better

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Just noticed a bug on Configure Metadata Download dialog: checkboxes changes are not being saved. Other changes get saved.
This also happens configuring individual sources.
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...0af098e5ac0369
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2022, 10:59 PM   #78
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear @kovidgoyal,

Content Server: The browser follows the system dark mode (chrome, edge), but the comment section has white/bright background, text is rather bright/gray ...

The popup footnotes also flash white before they follow the dark color scheme.

Last edited by nqk; 01-06-2022 at 11:13 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:11 AM   #79
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nqk: This doesn't have anything to do with Qt6 so report it elsewhere.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:11 AM   #80
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@nqk: This doesn't have anything to do with Qt6 so report it elsewhere.
I thought you were receiving bug reports on the betas here too.

I'd wait for the official release then.

nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2022, 01:24 AM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I thought you were receiving bug reports on the betas here too.

I'd wait for the official release then.

There are no changes in the content server between the betas and 5.x as far as I know.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:22 PM   #82
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Thx for ur work @kovidgoyal, I tested v5.99.2 on windows 10 with my plugin AudioBook_Duration (adding the try except code for Qt5 and new QT6 and it seems to work well)
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #83
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kovid, Please can you advise on this ...

I've completed the Qt6 changes to my ScrambleEbook plugin so that it seems to run OK in calibre v5.0-v5.99.2

However, the current version of the plugin works in calibre v3.48-v5.34. I believe there is only one issue which stops the updated plugin working in v3.48-v4.23. To make it backward compatible I need to decide the best way, if there is one, of dealing with 2 instances of code similar to this:
Code:
app = QApplication(args)
w = someQDialog(some_args)
w.show()
app.exec_()
#app.exec()
app.exec_() works OK with calibre v3.48-v5.34 but not with v5.99.2, which needs to be app.exec().

app.exec() works OK from v5.0-v5.99.2 but not with v3.48-v4.23.

Is there a neat way to handle both simultaneously? I did notice that dlg.exec_() still works in v5.99.2 where dlg is a QDialog object.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:58 AM   #84
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
app.exec_() works OK with calibre v3.48-v5.34 but not with v5.99.2, which needs to be app.exec().

app.exec() works OK from v5.0-v5.99.2 but not with v3.48-v4.23.

Is there a neat way to handle both simultaneously? I did notice that dlg.exec_() still works in v5.99.2 where dlg is a QDialog object.
Looking at https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...yqt6_compat.py, app.exec_ is not on the list, but QDialog.exec_ is.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:51 AM   #85
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Looking at https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...yqt6_compat.py, app.exec_ is not on the list, but QDialog.exec_ is.
Thanks for the link. I guess we'll need to wait for Kovid to say whether QApplication was deliberately left off that list.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #86
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No it's not intentional I will add it in the next beta. I didnt realize there are plugins that create application objects.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #87
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No it's not intentional I will add it in the next beta. I didnt realize there are plugins that create application objects.
In case it's relevant, the 2 occurrences in ScrambleEbook are used for:
  • running the plugin from the commandline
  • having QWebEngine available to a GUI plugin via launching a separate process which can access QtWebEngine.
The code for both of these was kindly provided by either yourself or @eschwartz during the painful (for me) calibre upgrade when WebEngine replaced Webkit.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:25 AM   #88
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

If such is ok here, another possible Qt 6 issue. In the editor, customizing editor font, font list appears as black/invisible text in dark mode macOS. Possible other controls have issues as some buttons also appear blank. Unsure if that is intentional. Unfamiliar with editor and don’t have calibre 5 installed to compare.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:06 AM   #89
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
If such is ok here, another possible Qt 6 issue. In the editor, customizing editor font, font list appears as black/invisible text in dark mode macOS. Possible other controls have issues as some buttons also appear blank. Unsure if that is intentional. Unfamiliar with editor and don’t have calibre 5 installed to compare.
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c4582a68907355

which buttons appear blank?
Old 01-09-2022, 03:50 AM   #90
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Thank you.

My mistake about blank buttons. The button to clear selected font, or the up/down arrows in choose font family, they use the icon theme. A dark icon in dark mode doesn't really show. Though noticed you started working on separate themes so that will help.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote