Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #751
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Rather inventive these days eh? I was half expecting "In west Philadelphia born and raised... " to crop up
I reported it to a mod. So hopefully they can delete it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #752
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Oberon covers for the K4 are exactly the same as the other 3rd party covers--they are made to fit the K4 Touch and thus are TOO big for the non-touch. Looking at their posted photo there is at least a 1/4 inch of extra material on every side of the K4 NT.

Oberon covers are nice looking, but as @WTSharpe says they are thick and heavy. They are way too expensive too.
Oberon was not going to make a cover for the K4 Lite because they did not think there would be enough demand for one and the plates that they use are expensive. When there was a large amount of out cry at the idea and so they decided that they will make a K4 Lite cover. It will fit the different dimension of the K4 Lite. They are also making covers for the K4 Touch and the Fire.

As too their weight and expense, that is a personal opinion. I have an Oberon cover for my K1 and DXG and love them. I think that they look great, offer excellent protection, are not that heavy, and are worth every penny. That is me.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 11-01-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Removing offensive wording on my part
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #753
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Actually, you are wrong. Oberon does not have a cover for the K4 Lite at this time. They were not going to make a cover for the K4 Lite because they did not think there would be enough demand for one and the plates that they use are expensive. When there was a large amount of out cry at the idea and so they decided that they will make a K4 Lite cover. It will fit the different dimension of the K4 Lite. They are also making covers for the K4 Touch and the Fire.

As too their weight and expense, that is a personal opinion. I have an Oberon cover for my K1 and DXG and love them. I think that they look great, offer excellent protection, are not that heavy, and are worth every penny. That is me.
Perhaps you should check their site before spouting off! Look at this page, http://www.oberondesign.com/ and you will see the words: "eReader Covers for Kindle 4 available now!" and a link to a page showing them. And just in case you still don't understand, I attached a photo with the K4 in their cover.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k4-oberon-cover.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	78456  
Old 10-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #754
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And they have posted on their Facebook page and at Kindle Boards that they are making a seperate cover for the K4 Lite. Their website might not reflect that fact yet but it is what they have been telling folks in multiple places.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #755
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I may consider an Oberon cover this time around, although I'd really like a case with a light. They have "Coming Soon" for the Kindle Touch cases.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #756
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
I had an Oberon cover for my DXG - I think I must be one of the very few people in the world that wasn't thrilled by the Oberon. True, I thought it was beautiful - but since I'm allergic to wool the feel of the inside didn't impress me. I'd bought it second hand, and know Oberon will make one specially for me without the wool - but also know I'm not going to pay full price for an Oberon.

I did, however, pay full price for a Noreve cover for the DXG, and it suits me perfectly. Very minimalistic, and I love it. It's really a shame that since I got my K3 I no longer use the DXG - the K3 has that sans serif font that I like better, and I like the wifi feature, and the reduced weight.

That DXG is a mighty expensive paperweight, especially encased in the Noreve, but I can't decide whether I really want not to have it any longer. I guess I'm kind of waiting to see if my affection for the K3 lessens with time (but I have my doubts).
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #757
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered a Mareware Eco-flip. It fits both K4 and KT so if I later upgrade I will already have a case for the KT. I got 50% off so it was just $17.49.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #758
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Covers are pretty personal. They are more important to some folks then others and that is the way it should be. All that matter is that folks are happy with what they have.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #759
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
And they have posted on their Facebook page and at Kindle Boards that they are making a seperate cover for the K4 Lite. Their website might not reflect that fact yet but it is what they have been telling folks in multiple places.
Some people don't read Facebook and other boards. The one place that should have info dead on is their website.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #760
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Some people don't read Facebook and other boards. The one place that should have info dead on is their website.
Have to agree with this. A company's website should always have the most accurate information.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #761
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I ordered a Mareware Eco-flip. It fits both K4 and KT so if I later upgrade I will already have a case for the KT. I got 50% off so it was just $17.49.
Good deal. I have their cover that opens like a book rather than flipping open. It isn't bad, but it is a bit big, however I paid full price minus a $5 off of any purchase of $10 or more I got via my K4 SO. So I still paid about $30 which was too much for it. I think at $17.50 it would be a good deal though.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #762
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Good deal. I have their cover that opens like a book rather than flipping open. It isn't bad, but it is a bit big, however I paid full price minus a $5 off of any purchase of $10 or more I got via my K4 SO. So I still paid about $30 which was too much for it. I think at $17.50 it would be a good deal though.
Agreed I would never have paid full price for it but I need a case for my K4. The leather sleeve I have is nice but it doesn't have good enough protection like a cover would. Now I need a cover\sleeve for my Tablet I just ordered.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #763
jswinden
Nameless Being

It looks like the Amazon non-lighted Kindle Leather Cover for the K4 NT is now shipping. There are a few user images added to the one provided by Amazon. Unfortunately, it is not included in the K4 SO offer of 50% off on selected covers.

It is pricey, but I like the idea of not having those darn elastic straps to hold it in place, and I like the idea of it being fitted specifically to the K4 NT. BTW, one of the reviews mentions that the area of the cover which holds the K4 NT in place is rubber and not plastic. Apparently it just snaps into place.

EDIT: It is shipping now. I just ordered one and should have it Thursday with the Prime Two-day express free shipping.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-01-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #764
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

My apologies. My post was poorly worded and easily seen as offensive. I forget that not everyone reads the various sites and failed to check the Oberon web site at the time.

I have looked at the Oberon site and they list two different covers. One for the Kindle 4 (they show a picture of the K4 Lite) and one for the Kindle Touch (they show a picture with just the home button). The K4 lite shows a picture of the K4 lite in the cover and the cover fits is very nicely. You cannot click on the K4 Touch model because it is not available yet so I cannot check their dimension page.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #765
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Just got my Kindle 4 and i'm extremely impressed with it. For the price it seems very well built, fast, great screen, and nice and light weight. Absolutely love it and it is quite the bargain for those not looking for a touch screen/color/multipurpose device.

If you are looking for a great device to read books on and are not looking to spend much, this is it.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote