Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-28-2019, 12:21 AM   #691
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyz View Post
Allright, thank you for your help, here comes the full error code:
Code:
calibre, version 3.21.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>TypeError</b>:can't compare datetime.datetime to float

calibre 3.21  embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.15.0-72-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-19.1-tessa Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '4.15.0-72-generic', '#81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019')
Python 2.7.15+
Linux: ('LinuxMint', '19.1', 'tessa')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 9, 0) && Annotations (1, 11, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 351, in fetch_usb_connected_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 379, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 585, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
  File "/tmp/calibre_annotations_plugin/KoboTouch.py", line 73, in get_active_annotations
TypeError: can't compare datetime.datetime to float
I think I know what is happening. But, I'm having trouble reproducing it. I can get an error related to the problem that I think exists, but, it happens later in the fetch.

Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? Do this by right-clicking the preferences button and select "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart with a message about the debug log. Connect the device and the run the annotations fetch. When you see the error, close calibre and the log will be displayed. Post or PM me the full contents of the log. That should have the details I am looking for.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:56 AM   #692
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I worked out what was wrong with my test cases. I needed several annotations on the same book with missing timestamps. The attached beta adds some extra handling for this. And for any missing timestamps, it uses the current time.

Please tell me how it goes.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-09-2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Advert
Old 12-28-2019, 10:52 AM   #693
hoyz
hoyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Davidfor, thank you so much for your effort. I'm on my way to a vacation, will try it out around January third.
hoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:42 AM   #694
hoyz
hoyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The attached beta adds some extra handling for this.
Awesome, it works. Thank you so much!
hoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:47 AM   #695
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.12.0

I have just released version 1.12.0 of the plugin. This has the following change:
  • Fix: Errors fetching from Kobo devices if the dates in the database were null.

This change was in the recent beta.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems, please report them here.
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #696
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
This extension is designed to export annotations / highlights from the ereader and to add them to Calibre - this is excellent, and very very useful.

However I was wondering if is there a way to restore annotations / highlights to a kepub that I have deleted and then re-added to the Kobo device?
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #697
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
This extension is designed to export annotations / highlights from the ereader and to add them to Calibre - this is excellent, and very very useful.

However I was wondering if is there a way to restore annotations / highlights to a kepub that I have deleted and then re-added to the Kobo device?
Not from the plugin. It doesn't store the information needed to do this. Plus it is designed to merge annotations from multiple sources. That would make restoring them hard.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #698
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Does backup/restoring the databse from Kobo Utilities do that though?

(Is that the only option to backup/restore annotations and highlighting in case I reset to factory settings the ereader?)
Old 01-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #699
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
Does backup/restoring the databse from Kobo Utilities do that though?

(Is that the only option to backup/restore annotations and highlighting in case I reset to factory settings the ereader?)
The annotations in the device are in the database. Backing up and restoring the database will restore the annotations to the point the backup was done.

No one has developed an alternative backup as I don't think many people see it as a need. Personally, I use annotations for marking things to fix in a book, or lookup when I'm at a computer. Once that is done, I delete them. Creating something to backup the annotations in a way that is re-storable, would be possible. It just needs someone interested in doing it to write the code.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #700
jxall
Enthusiast

OK, I just needed confirmation on that.

Many thanks!
Old 01-29-2020, 05:53 AM   #701
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David, is «display:none» not supported anymore?
I do not need any separator or chapter number, only one empty space is enough.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #702
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hi David, is «display:none» not supported anymore?
I do not need any separator or chapter number, only one empty space is enough.
It looks like it isn't supported by the text controls being used by calibre 4.x. I hadn't tried it before, but, adding "display:none" when editing it gets stripped.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #703
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
So I have this Annotations plugin (apparently it comes preinstalled and can't be removed). I have a Kobo Forma. I have made about a dozen notes/highlights on a book called Alchemy. On my Forma ereader, I see the notes/highlights by following the instructions at https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Kobo-eReader.

I've created an Annotations column in Calibre (well, to be clear, I had the Annotations plugin create that column). I created a new note after creating the Annotations column and then I connect my Kobo Forma to my computer and then the sync automatically happens. Yet there's not one note in the new Annotations column for this book or in the Notes column.
What am I doing wrong?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:02 PM   #704
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
So I have this Annotations plugin (apparently it comes preinstalled and can't be removed).
No it isn't. If you have the Annotations plugin installed, you selected to install it. There is a built in annotations fetch function, but, it can only add the annotations to the comment column and always replaces the annotations.
Quote:
I have a Kobo Forma. I have made about a dozen notes/highlights on a book called Alchemy. On my Forma ereader, I see the notes/highlights by following the instructions at https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Kobo-eReader.

I've created an Annotations column in Calibre (well, to be clear, I had the Annotations plugin create that column). I created a new note after creating the Annotations column and then I connect my Kobo Forma to my computer and then the sync automatically happens. Yet there's not one note in the new Annotations column for this book or in the Notes column.
What am I doing wrong?
It doesn't run automatically. You need to select the menu item on the button for the Annotation for fetching the annotations from the device. It will think for a bit and then display the list of books it found with annotations. You can then decide whether to import it or not.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:41 AM   #705
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
thanks, David!
I noticed i didn't have the button on my toolbar, so i added it to my toolbar (the toolbar that appears when device is connected). I now see a yellow highlighter. I tap that Highlighter button, and then choose "Fetch Annotations from Device" and after several seconds thinking, I see a Confirmation window. I choose to import annations from all seven books.

I like how there's formatting in the Annotations window, and I like how when I mouse-hover over it, i see a whole lot more. Besides a mouse-hover, how else can I see as much of my annotations for a book in one glance?

Thanks!!! Like someone else on this forum says, I use annotations in part so I can look things up (online) when I'm off my Kobo and on my computer.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp