Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #661
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
There will probably more action on Cyber Monday. Last year Open Road had a big 80% off sale that was available in both Kobo and Kindle. Samhain had a nice 40% coupon. I'm not sure but ARe might have done something.

I didn't buy much on those days last year so there must not have been anything really good going on.

In December:

Sourcebooks had a nice series of $0.99 sales in various stores before and after Christmas.

Harlequin does its however many days before Christmas sale but last year did not include the $5 coupon of the previous year but there was 1 day of 50% off (list price).
ARe had a sale, but I do not remember the details. And do not forget the "12 days of Christmas" freebies as well.

Auntykatkat
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #662
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
No titles mentioned, but in a recent email from Amazon:
Coming Soon: The Biggest Kindle Book Deal Ever

Check back on Cyber Monday, December 2, for the biggest Kindle Book deal ever.
Uh-oh. We're in trouble now.

I do hope they have one of those sales where you can get another try at a book that was on sale earlier. There are always a few I miss.

Not long ago, a fantasy novel was on sale, but I realized it was over 1,000 pages long and the first book of a "projected 10-book series." So I was afraid I'd never get to it. Of course, after reading the reviews, I'm thinking it over again... It's also a Whispersynch title, so if you buy the ebook, you can get a good deal on the 45-hour-long audiobook. Talk about getting your money's worth...
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #663
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Uh-oh. We're in trouble now.

I do hope they have one of those sales where you can get another try at a book that was on sale earlier. There are always a few I miss.
That's a good idea, yes, some always seem to slip past don't they?!

Quote:
Not long ago, a fantasy novel was on sale, but I realized it was over 1,000 pages long and the first book of a "projected 10-book series." So I was afraid I'd never get to it. Of course, after reading the reviews, I'm thinking it over again... It's also a Whispersynch title, so if you buy the ebook, you can get a good deal on the 45-hour-long audiobook. Talk about getting your money's worth...
Wow, that sounds intriguing yet intimidating! I hope it comes on sale for you.

I think I just might do a separate wishilist on Amazon for this sale.

Oh, wouldn't it be amazing if it was a BOGO type thing?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #664
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I also won a copy of Kinked but it has not shown up yet. Here's hoping. I'm two or three books behind anyway and like many of us on this thread, CANNOT read out of order, so I wouldn't get to it right away anyway.
I got my signed copy of Kinked today and I feel awful - the postage was over US$12.00 I won't participate in any more international giveaways if it costs the authors so much money to mail the books (plus it took over a month to get to me ).
Old 11-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #665
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
I am about to chop, dice, slice, grate, stir, beat, mix , peel and taste .....yum.
So I needed a rest before starting.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Free

http://www.amazon.com/Angelfire-Dark...dp/B00ABWN11C/

http://www.amazon.com/The-Party-Prop...dp/B00BG3ELWS/
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #666
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I got my signed copy of Kinked today and I feel awful - the postage was over US$12.00 I won't participate in any more international giveaways if it costs the authors so much money to mail the books (plus it took over a month to get to me ).
I got my copy also, but didn't notice the postage. Anyway, it came direct from the publisher. If you feel bad about the postage, just make sure you leave a review, either on Amazon, GR, B&N, or wherever. The real purpose behind the free books is publicity and word of mouth, so that's the best thing you can do for the author.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #667
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I got my copy also, but didn't notice the postage. Anyway, it came direct from the publisher. If you feel bad about the postage, just make sure you leave a review, either on Amazon, GR, B&N, or wherever. The real purpose behind the free books is publicity and word of mouth, so that's the best thing you can do for the author.
I'd already decided on a review; will work on it this weekend. I wouldn't mind if it was from the publisher but my copy came from the author.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #668
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Has anyone seen this? $1.99 amazon

Shattered Hearts Trilogy Boxed Set

You NA freaks, er I mean fans [] have slowly drawn me in.... for 1.00 [see below] I can take a plunge even though there's another one coming out next June which means I'll either read this and feel unfinished or will have to wait until that one comes out. As if I'd get to it by June with Mt TBR anyway...

also at kobo and...... wait for it......

couponable!

also also, happy birthday Blossom!!

also also also, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans on here. And for those that don't live in the US, well Happy Thanksgiving anyway because it never hurts to consider one's blessings and be thankful for them, no matter the time of year
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #669
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Has anyone seen this? $1.99 amazon

Shattered Hearts Trilogy Boxed Set

You NA freaks, er I mean fans [] have slowly drawn me in.... for 1.00 [see below] I can take a plunge even though there's another one coming out next June which means I'll either read this and feel unfinished or will have to wait until that one comes out. As if I'd get to it by June with Mt TBR anyway...

couponable!
After I buy them one by one, it's now $1.99 for all three
Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #670
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
also also, happy birthday Blossom!!

also also also, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans on here. And for those that don't live in the US, well Happy Thanksgiving anyway because it never hurts to consider one's blessings and be thankful for them, no matter the time of year
Happy Birthday (and happy birthday week ) to Blossom!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #671
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

couponable!
It doesn't appear that it can be downloaded at Kobo.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #672
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
It doesn't appear that it can be downloaded at Kobo.
What makes you say that? According to the old site it's a DRM-free ePub. Are you not getting a download option after buying or something?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #673
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Entangled Brazen had an early Cyber Monday alert for (only) one book in today's email... erm, hope there are at least a few more on sale come Monday!

Anyway, Lover Undercover by Samantha Beck will be $0.99 on Monday.
http://www.amazon.com/Undercover-McC.../dp/B00C2RVRHE
Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #674
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I've been organizing (cleaning out, sigh) my paper bookshelves today, and I keep getting sudden urges to read this book, then this book, then something by this author, then this one. I'm on one of the romance shelves now, and it's all smooshing together. I want to read a book by Lisa Kleypas .. no, wait Jo Beverley ... no, Patricia Gaffney ... maybe some Catherine Anderson ... oh, Jude Deveraux ... but here's some Mary Jo PUtney... oh, maybe Johanna Lindsey ... and what about Mary Balogh... or Laura Kinsale ... or maybe Judith Ivory. Argh! After all that, I'll probably go to bed early and fall asleep reading something fluffy instead.

I even found my copy of the notorious Stormfire by Christine Monson. Talk about Old School!

Last edited by Critteranne; 11-26-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #675
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
And whatever you do. DO NOT DOWNLOAD CANDY CRUSH SAGA! That stupid game is the reason I only finished 4 books this week!
I have been stuck on 325 for several days, but I don't do it in bed, so I still get to read.

BTW, I found Forever Us by Sandi Lynn on my Fire this morning. Finished it before I started cooking!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 11-26-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Closed Thread