Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2021, 09:22 PM   #631
slaviksd2
slaviksd2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, sage
hi,
does a KOreader gonna work on the new Kobo Sage ?

thanks

Last edited by slaviksd2; 10-25-2021 at 09:26 PM.
slaviksd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:04 AM   #632
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@slaviksd2: Current nightlies already do .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2021, 02:17 AM   #633
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Thanks for eroding my purchase resistance even more!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #634
slaviksd2

Quote:
Just got the Sage, installed the current koreader, and it doesn't work.
so sad.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #635
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@slaviksd2: Then you did it wrong .

Which, given the thread we're in, is highly likely, because none of the OCP packages currently support the new devices .
Advert
Old 10-31-2021, 11:51 PM   #636
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I'm on the fence about a Libra 2, does this install on a Libra 2 yet?

If so, do the buttons work in KO Reader?

Last edited by jasius; 11-01-2021 at 12:04 AM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #637
aussetg
aussetg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I'm on the fence about a Libra 2, does this install on a Libra 2 yet?

If so, do the buttons work in KO Reader?
No it doesn't. The answer is literally in the message above yours...
aussetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:12 PM   #638
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's not quite that dire. You can use the instructions above and add replacing the included KOReader with a recent nightly build: http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

(It doesn't really matter when you replace it, but you might just as well do it before rebooting. )
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #639
DJDarren
DJDarren began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi. Firstly, thanks for the one click installers, it was almost too easy to install, and someone with my tech-blindness appreciates that immensely.

However, I can’t get line spacing to work, so the text is somewhat too cramped for my liking. Is there a setting I’ve missed? Or have I just encounters a bug?

Running Plato on a Clara HD, btw.
DJDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:42 AM   #640
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This thread is more about installation. I'd recommend asking somewhere like https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292914 instead.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #641
slaviksd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's not quite that dire. You can use the instructions above and add replacing the included KOReader with a recent nightly build: http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

(It doesn't really matter when you replace it, but you might just as well do it before rebooting. )
installed this nightly build to my kobo sage, but it drains the battery so fast.
1% battery for every 2 pages of reading.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #642
Frenzie
Wizard

That's definitely not normal. Do you know how to connect over SSH to take a look at top? Or more basic, have you tried fully restarting the device?
Old 11-04-2021, 10:35 AM   #643
NiLuJe
BLAM!

FWIW, I fully expect the sunxi SoCs to have relatively terrible power management, but that seems a bit on the high side.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #644
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
FWIW, I fully expect the sunxi SoCs to have relatively terrible power management, but that seems a bit on the high side.
I have noticed a higher power drain after my first hour of uninterrupted KOReader use on My Sage than on my Libra H20, but 7% in an hour, although bad, is not as bad as the OP
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #645
psbernitz
Enthusiast
psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.psbernitz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I have noticed a higher power drain after my first hour of uninterrupted KOReader use on My Sage than on my Libra H20, but 7% in an hour, although bad, is not as bad as the OP
Could you please tell me your findings with both the libra 2 and Sage?
psbernitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato