Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #616
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch N905 (A), after installing Koreader, open and exit Koreader, there always be a "Critical Error" forces to sign out the account? If "sign out" is not choosen, the device can not access to "My books", "More", ect. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks!
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #617
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@toancv: Make sure you're running a current FW version (e.g., 4.28.something).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #618
toancv
Connoisseur

Thanks NiLuJe. The device is at 4.26. Do you mean that firmware 4.28 will fix this? I have no problem with Kobo Glo HD with the same firmware 4.26 and the same your installation instruction.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #619
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@toancv: Sorry, given the device, I was assuming you might have been running something ancient .

Unfortunately, given how ancient the device itself is, I'm afraid I don't have any better ideas to offer (other than: don't exit KOReader, suffer through a full reboot instead).
Old 08-14-2021, 11:26 AM   #620
toancv
Connoisseur

Reboot instead of Exit solved the problem of my device. Thanks NiLuJe.
Advert
Old 08-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #621
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Updated ClaraHD with latest OCP-Plato & KOReader version but it's restarted in dark mode? Is that supposed to happen & is there a way to revert to normal? I'm using latest firmware 4.28.18220 and have not enabled 'Dark Mode'.

*Resolved* ~ Others had reported their devices had rebooted to Dark Mode too (on 4.28.18220 thread) ~ solution enable developer mode, disable invert screen, disable developer mode, sorted

Last edited by jsessions; 08-19-2021 at 09:11 AM.
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #622
transqualia
transqualia began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Same issue, changed target label

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienCassou View Post
Hi. Thank you for your one-click package. It's good that some people simplify these processes.

I've ran the install.sh script today for the first time after a factory reset of my Kobo Aura HD. I got the "Installation successful!" message. After I unmounted and removed the USB cable, the Kobo said it was upgrading and then it rebooted. But the Kobo went back to Nickel with the library empty. I tried rebooting again but the result is the same. When I mounted the Kobo again, the filesystem seemed to contain reasonable stuff (e.g., 'kfmon/', 'koreader/' and 'plato/' in '.adds/'). I tried running the install.sh script again but I got the same result.

How can I start KOReader?

Nickel tells me that the Software Version is "2.5.0 (005513d0d1, 4/9/13)".
so my kobo showed up on the desktop as
KOBOEREADER, which might be standard now. I changed the targetlabel in the command file to all caps which helped
transqualia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:18 PM   #623
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@transqualia: macOS or Linux? (and, regardless of that, which version/distro/kernel ).
Old 10-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #624
642 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one, kobo forma, likebook k103
Hello, I've made a one-click installation of KOReader on my Kobo Forma (FW v4.9.11674), by simply unpacking the single ZIP archive "OCP-KOReader-v2021.09.zip" in the root of the Kobo eReader over USB. It works like a charme, and I'm very pleased to discover a so good reader on my Kobo. I'm so happy that I want to use this KOReader everywhere.
Then, I want to install the KOReader to my other devices, the Kobo Aura One and the Likebook Alita. But first on the Kobo Aura One, and alas the FW is 4.28.18220, and I have to worry about the red NOTE for FW >= 4.17. And I don't understand what to do, there is a link to a link pointing to some yellow lines from a file "install.sh". No explanation whatsoever, and I don't know what to do when, so until now I didn't made anything at all.
So have I anything to do at all (that is different from the installation on the Forma), and what exactly, to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders (I don't know what is Nickel at all, KFMon and other stuff, I really whant to use KOReader).
Thanks.
642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #625
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Afaik nothing bad can happen. If you don't do anything special, KOReader's icons will show up as files in Nickel. Most people prefer for them not to do that. The problem is that if you then add the .adds folder to the ignore list, Nickel will delete them and you'll have to reinstall KOReader/Plato.

See https://github.com/koreader/koreader...mportant-notes for how to avoid that.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #626
642 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one, kobo forma, likebook k103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Afaik nothing bad can happen.
Yes in fact, I eventually use the Windows Powershell method from here
and it works perfectly. Thanks everybody.
642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:09 AM   #627
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Questions:

1. Will installing the one-click package of KoReader and Plato mess up with my current set-up: Libra on 4.28.18220 with some patches, nanoclock and nickelmenu?

2. How do i use Nickelmenu (my current configuration) to add KoReader and Plato and launch them thru NM?

3. Will future fw updates installation delete the KoReader and PLato? If I use new patches will these remove KoReader and Plato?

4. If for whatever reason, I need to delete KoReader and Plato, how do i do that?

Thank you
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:47 AM   #628
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Questions:
1. no
2. install the ocp
3. yes no
4. @NiLuJe
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:46 AM   #629
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Deobulakenyo:

2. It won't affect your current configuration, so, yeah, as @geek1011 said, the OCP take care of everything.

3. KOReader & Plato aren't affected by *anything* (short of factory resets). KFMon *will* be disabled after a FW update, which is why there's a dedicated package for it marked "run me after FW updates" .
Patches are completely orthogonal to the whole thing.

4. Just remove their respective folders (and eventually clean up the launchers).
Old 10-22-2021, 02:27 AM   #630
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
1. no
2. install the ocp
3. yes no
4. @NiLuJe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Deobulakenyo:

2. It won't affect your current configuration, so, yeah, as @geek1011 said, the OCP take care of everything.

3. KOReader & Plato aren't affected by *anything* (short of factory resets). KFMon *will* be disabled after a FW update, which is why there's a dedicated package for it marked "run me after FW updates" .
Patches are completely orthogonal to the whole thing.

4. Just remove their respective folders (and eventually clean up the launchers).

Thank you geek1011 and NiLuJe.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato