Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #46
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I always thought House was going for the modern Don Johnson look.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am not a hypochondriac, but I don't like TV shows that primarily play in hospitals. So no House for me.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #48
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I am not a hypochondriac, but I don't like TV shows that primarily play in hospitals. So no House for me.
I swear my mom likes House so she can think of new sicknesses she can fake
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #49
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
I love ER. I'm sad to see it go but it's been so much fun watching all the old cast return. I've watched it from day one. I'm a big LOST addict too. So confusing but really good.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #50
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
My fave's are:

Chuck (I love the Nerd Herd!)
Heroes
Life
This Old House (because we live in our very own "This Old Barn")
Jericho (until they cancelled it I loved what they did with the peanut campaign to get at least a partial second season aired, before dumping it for good)

We don't get cable or satellite, so when we go away for the weekend, like we just did, we love to watch the Food Channel shows like Ace of Cakes, Good Eats, Unwrapped, also Mythbusters, Modern Marvels ... what else? We lead such an exciting life, that we have to go away to hotels to watch TV shows. I just saw Man vs. Wild for the first time-- that show is just gross!

Oh, I almost forgot Extreme Home Makeover, because I want one!! We're doing our own version called Extremely Slow Home Makeover!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #51
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
My fave's are:

Chuck (I love the Nerd Herd!)
Heroes
Life
This Old House (because we live in our very own "This Old Barn")
Jericho (until they cancelled it I loved what they did with the peanut campaign to get at least a partial second season aired, before dumping it for good)

We don't get cable or satellite, so when we go away for the weekend, like we just did, we love to watch the Food Channel shows like Ace of Cakes, Good Eats, Unwrapped, also Mythbusters, Modern Marvels ... what else? We lead such an exciting life, that we have to go away to hotels to watch TV shows. I just saw Man vs. Wild for the first time-- that show is just gross!

Oh, I almost forgot Extreme Home Makeover, because I want one!! We're doing our own version called Extremely Slow Home Makeover!

My aunt is friends with the Ace of Cakes guy and he's making her wedding cake
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #52
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
That's so cool! Is she having anything wild for her cake design? Who knows, it could be a future episode!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #53
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Tell them to watch out for styrofoam when biting into the cakes... I never understand how that doesn't happen to some extent considering the sheer amount they use. Without any seperation and with the frosting extending over it. That and sawdust... I stopped watching that show this past season... Only thing left on Food Network I watch is Good Eats...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #54
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's so cool! Is she having anything wild for her cake design? Who knows, it could be a future episode!
It's cool looking, and gluten free. I don't think it'll be on TV though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Tell them to watch out for styrofoam when biting into the cakes... I never understand how that doesn't happen to some extent considering the sheer amount they use. Without any seperation and with the frosting extending over it. That and sawdust... I stopped watching that show this past season... Only thing left on Food Network I watch is Good Eats...

-MJ
I'll keep that in mind...since Ill be eating some..
Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #55
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I have quite a few, recently enjoyed shows The Wire, Dexter, Rome, Deadwood, BSG. Some of the show I used to watch have become very very poor. Eg. heroes ad it's ridiculous time travel plots are getting old, I've stopped watching.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #56
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
... Oh, I almost forgot Extreme Home Makeover, because I want one!! We're doing our own version called Extremely Slow Home Makeover!
So you have the OJ Simpson car chase of home makeover.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #57
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Eureka!

I forgot Eureka (perhaps my favorite of all).
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #58
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
My favorite show is "Corner Gas." It is a Canadian sitcom but they play it here in the US on WGN. Running a very close second for me is "Lost".
I love "Corner Gas"! But WGN changed the time a few months ago, and then apparently moved it, as we haven't been able to locate it.

My favorite character is "Wanda" - I totally identify with her for some reason!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #59
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Supernatural for me all the way
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #60
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I'd have to go with:

(Not on TV any longer)

The Ray Bradbury Theater
Vengeance Unlimited
Brimstone
Duckman
Millennium
Firefly
Outer Limits
Twliight Zone
Spenser for Hire
Futurama
The Norm Show
Lano & Woodley (one for our Aussie friends there )
Various Classic UK comedies that I often rewatch - Porridge, Open All Hours, Rising Damp, Bottom, Dad's Army...and many more

(Current TV)
Psych
Monk
Burn Notice
Battlestar Galactica
Supernatural
Numb3rs
Law & Order SVU

*I just realised I watch way too much TV*
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote