Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #46
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfikr View Post
Other question is - If I do not need Czech menu (which I really do not neen) and my documents are Unicode - do I need to do any changes with your firmware to read Czech/Slovak texts?
No, my FW should be all you need.

As far as the keyboard is concerned, if you cannot find the Czech symbols in the extended characters (long press on letters of English keyboard), you would have to make your own keyboard.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #47
lukasfikr
Enthusiast
lukasfikr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3, Apple iPad/iPhone 4
Thanks.
Is there some manual how to change keyboard?
I need those letters: á, č, ď, é, ě, í, ň, ó, ř, š, ť, ú, ů, ý, ž and their capital forms, thanks.
lukasfikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #48
lovelock
lovelock began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
Hi Pokrkupan. Thanks for your pr600 software.
I used the software and changed the font into Chinese successfully.While the Create/edit notes page became very slow,it will cost ten or more senconds to turn pages if I have just noted or hightlighted something.Is it common or there is any solution?
lovelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #49
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelock View Post
Hi Pokrkupan. Thanks for your pr600 software.
I used the software and changed the font into Chinese successfully.While the Create/edit notes page became very slow,it will cost ten or more senconds to turn pages if I have just noted or hightlighted something.Is it common or there is any solution?
Don't know, as with Russian the notes speed didn't change noticeably.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #50
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfikr View Post
Thanks.
Is there some manual how to change keyboard?
I need those letters: á, č, ď, é, ě, í, ň, ó, ř, š, ť, ú, ů, ý, ž and their capital forms, thanks.
There is no manual, you have to look at the changes and figure it out on your own...
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #51
lukasfikr
Enthusiast
lukasfikr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3, Apple iPad/iPhone 4
OK, anyway, thanks.
lukasfikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #52
drasco
drasco began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 300
Firmware backup

I recently got the PRS 300 and think it’s awesome, and after reading about the good work thats been done I decided to run the basic russification firmware to get the clock (why do sony ask you to set the time if they're not going to show you the clock ????). The update installed with no issues and it's working great. The only problem is that in my excitement I didn't make a backup of my original firmware before I updated (DOH!). Does anyone have a clean backup I could have or point me in the right direction please? I know I probably won't need it but paranoia is getting the better of me...
drasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #53
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasco View Post
I recently got the PRS 300 and think it’s awesome, and after reading about the good work thats been done I decided to run the basic russification firmware to get the clock (why do sony ask you to set the time if they're not going to show you the clock ????). The update installed with no issues and it's working great. The only problem is that in my excitement I didn't make a backup of my original firmware before I updated (DOH!). Does anyone have a clean backup I could have or point me in the right direction please? I know I probably won't need it but paranoia is getting the better of me...
If the current firmware works fine, you'd be safe just backing up this one
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #54
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasco View Post
How do you backup the orginal firmware?
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #55
Android
Android began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
The website the-ebook.org appears to be down. Is there anywhere else I can get this firmware?
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #56
outdoor
outdoor began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Hi, porkupan, many thanks for your prs-300 software. I tried basic 1.01a, and successful.

I changed the font file, tt0003.ttf in your img file, it is ok.
But when I changed two font files tt0003m_.ttf and tt0011m_.ttf, the reader shows, "The new cramfs image is too big for flashing", and failed. The each Chinese font file of these two files is 1.8m. Is it possible to flash two font files in FSK?
I am looking forward to your kind answer. Thanks again!
outdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #57
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor View Post
I changed the font file, tt0003.ttf in your img file, it is ok.
But when I changed two font files tt0003m_.ttf and tt0011m_.ttf, the reader shows, "The new cramfs image is too big for flashing", and failed. The each Chinese font file of these two files is 1.8m. Is it possible to flash two font files in FSK?
You should try looking at the other Chinese solutions. I am not sure what they do - perhaps they put the fonts into the /Data partition (that was a popular solution for a while), or they make do with a single font.

It's difficult to repartition the flash without losing all the data.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #58
outdoor
outdoor began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
You should try looking at the other Chinese solutions. I am not sure what they do - perhaps they put the fonts into the /Data partition (that was a popular solution for a while), or they make do with a single font.

It's difficult to repartition the flash without losing all the data.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I know the other solutions you mentioned. But as you know, the 300 does not have sd card slot, which the solutions require for. I failed to use it with the software in user's partition.

So far, I did not find a solution for prs-300.

Is it possible that your software of basic 1.01a only activited 0003.ttf with fontmapper?
outdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #59
vho3000
vho3000 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
I got stuck with my PRS 600 the same way you experienced, I used Russianize PRS 600 with Chinese font using FW 1.04b by 'porkupan'. Please detail how you get out of the endless cycle.
I tried everything possible: reset and reboot over 30 times and everytime I got " Updating Firmware now";" Firmware update did not complete successfully. Please try again" After I updated it with standard flash, I got
"Current software version 0.0.00.00000
Update is complete, now safe to disconnect" it then reboot and got "Opening book" and then " Updating Firmware now" and the cycle goes on forever.
I tried to unbrick it with over 30 times of reset and reboot it didn't work. I tried to delete the disk which has 0 capacity or format it; XP does allow me to do it. I am stuck with it for 3 days now. Please anybody help!
vho3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #60
assel
assel began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
oh..btw.. there are software versions for other models of PRS ..check for yourself

http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=en
hey! do you know if there are any russian software for the booken available? can't convert anything in russian ((
assel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs 300, prs 505, prs 600, prs 700