Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Where does it say mono? Under tech specs it says for the HD6

3.5 mm stereo jack and integrated speaker with Dolby Digital Plus audio engine

My girls are going to love the cameras!
Under compare Kindle Fires chart it says

Dolby Digital Plus,
Mono speaker,
Built-in microphone
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

In the comparison chart under audio it says: mono speaker. Headphone jacks are always stereo so you can hook up stereo speakers or headphones.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Under compare Kindle Fires chart it says

Dolby Digital Plus,
Mono speaker,
Built-in microphone
Not fair, I had this answer before you but lost it and had to start over
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well the Fire I listed on Amazon already sold, so I pre-ordered the 6" tablet right away. If I hate it (the size) I'll return it. No way to know til I have it in hand.

Ooops. Had to cancel and re-order. Why settle for black? I got the blue.
I may have my Paperwhite already sold too.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Not fair, I had this answer before you but lost it and had to start over
Yours is better. I didn't think about the plugin speaker option.
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:

Down the bottom where they are comparing the different models to each other.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #37
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
You guys are selling your devices this early? I figured I would wait until a week before to sell it since I use my Fire daily.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #38
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I can't find anything about text-to-speech, maybe I overlooked it, do these new tablets have text-to-speech?
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
You guys are selling your devices this early? I figured I would wait until a week before to sell it since I use my Fire daily.
Mine is just sitting for months doing nothing. I can get some extra groceries so yes if I can sell it now is a good time because others see what the 2014 line is and know what they are interested in.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
I can't find anything about text-to-speech, maybe I overlooked it, do these new tablets have text-to-speech?
I'm sure they do. Amazon has bought out that one company so we have all the voices on the 2013 version.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
My girls and I share the 3rd gen Fire that I sold, but they mostly use their Nook HDs, and I use my Nexus or 2012 Fire HD. So we won't even notice that it's gone.

I can't wait to try reading on the 6" Fire.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #42
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Fire Kids Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The 6" would make a great tablet for younger kids. Just enable FreeTime, then set the content and screen time limits.
They are showing a Fire Kids Edition with special features for younger kids.

They are NOT showing a Kindle Fire HDX 7 2014, only the 8.9 2014. Thus, they don't even have a model which I may buy. I'll keep my HDX 7 2013.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #43
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
I can't wait to try reading on the 6" Fire.
Be sure and post your thoughts. I'd really like to hear what you think about it.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #44
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
At least they make a 16GB option, and it is only $20 more. I really like the 7" Tab 4, from Samsung, but they only offer it in 8GB and then the OS takes up so damn much space. There is less than 5GB available to the user.
But at least that device can add an SD card here you are limited to what you get
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #45
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Be sure and post your thoughts. I'd really like to hear what you think about it.
I will. My daughter (11) said it's not yours! You already have readers! True, of course, but I still get to play with it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote