Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The T1 is $149.99 at Target. Just saw them there. No display though, just two in the glass case.
Hmmm I was at target today and didn't see them.....Hmmm....maybe it's a staggered rollout?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #32
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm I was at target today and didn't see them.....Hmmm....maybe it's a staggered rollout?
I went & checked at ours too. The only reader they had was a K3.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #33
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Jackie- font styles include Amasis, Palatino Nova & Really No.2.
I'm out the door again for the evening
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Question, was the AC charger included in the box or does this have to be purchased separately? On the Sony website, it looked like it is not included.

Many thanks for posting the info you have so far, most helpful!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #35
tswan
tswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Mine only came with the USB cord.
tswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #36
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Congratulations on getting the new Sony reader! I will definitely be hitting the local mall tomorrow to see if the Sony store has them in... I can't wait to get my hands on a red one. So exciting!!!!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #37
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswan View Post
Mine only came with the USB cord.
Annoying. Wonder if an original Nook charger would work with it? Don't really like the idea of coughing up more for the AC charger, but both hubby and I vastly prefer charging via AC.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #38
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Question, was the AC charger included in the box or does this have to be purchased separately? On the Sony website, it looked like it is not included.
They're not included. The last two issues I've bought have only had the USB. If the AC was included it would tell you. You don't even need it. There's probably already something that will work in your house so use it. They don't need to include it with the reader and you don't need to buy a Sony one.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #39
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Purchased a T1 + book cover today at Target ...
If any one has questions, please post.
Hi!

Do you need to connect the T1 to a computer for anything, or is it possible to do everything wirelessly and never connect it to a computer, ever?

Thanks!
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #40
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
I'm a little disappointed that they don't allow tap to turn pages, this is what you do most on an e-reader, they should make it the easiest action.
I think the swipe is the easiest way to turn a page. Since no screen pressure is required for a swipe or a tap, if it was just a tap any inadvertent touch on the reader would change the page.

Personally I find some folks (not you since you are only a "little" disappointed) obsession with a tap to turn a page a little hard to grasp.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #41
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
well I guess it's just what I'm familiar with. I've used an iPad and now Aldiko on my Xoom and got used to the tap to turn pages.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #42
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
Congrats on new reader. Are the page turn buttons clicky? I always hated how loud the buttons on my 950 are.

Thanks
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #43
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
well I guess it's just what I'm familiar with. I've used an iPad and now Aldiko on my Xoom and got used to the tap to turn pages.
I'm not familiar with tech used on those screens. A single tap my indeed be the best way for those touchscreens.

The T-1 uses a infrared touchscreen so you actually don't interact with the screen surface at all. There is a grid of infrared light just above the surface and just breaking the light streams communicates the position of your stylus or finger. With this type of touchscreen pressure on the screen is not required and the swipe to change pages can be a very small motion.

I guess I would have to try a screen with the single tap page turn to change a page to see which I preferred. Currently I don't tap the screen at all. If you get a T-1 use it for a while then report back your experience.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #44
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Congrats on new reader. Are the page turn buttons clicky? I always hated how loud the buttons on my 950 are.
Interesting, my 950 buttons are not too loud, but until I just tried them I had very little reason to even use the buttons since I never use them while reading.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #45
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hello

Reading in landscape mode is as good as landscape mode of kindle 3?

thanks for your attention
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony t1