Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #421
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
As for music and movies. I'm thinking something like "Digital Media Deals & Freebies" where all deals on music and movies that are in digital format can be posted. Monkey does most of the work so it's his call.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #422
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
As for music and movies. I'm thinking something like "Digital Media Deals & Freebies" where all deals on music and movies that are in digital format can be posted. Monkey does most of the work so it's his call.
I'd suggest AnemicOak for the job. He posts a good chunk of the music deals and did make the suggestion to split it off into a separate thread.
Advert
Old 10-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #423
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... "Black Friday" is a US phenomenon; we are a world-wide site, and your "Black Friday" is of no relevance (and indeed will not be understood) by most people here. ...
Is there some way to see some statistics on where the members are from? I'm curious to what extent "most people" applies?
Old 10-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #424
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Free from Microsoft (otherwise known as XBox Music/Groove Music)...

Nightmare Before Christmas: Original Soundtrack (Special Edition)

Are you able to download music purchased there? Or is it microsoft app/streaming only?

I'd test it with this album, but can't get it to add to my account at the moment.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #425
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've no strong feelings about it either way. Just wondered, as I said, how meaningful "Black Friday" would be to many of our members .
I would say our Evil Marketing Overlords are doing a pretty good job on global marketing creep...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30260103
2014: Black Friday was the busiest day on record for online retailer Amazon UK, with sales that "surpassed all expectations", the company has said.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Monday
Cyber Monday has become an international marketing term used by online retailers in Argentina, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Uganda, Japan, Portugal, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

Black Friday in Deutschland
http://www.amazon.de/b/ref=amb_link_...d_i=1000454773
Advert
Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #426
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Are you able to download music purchased there? Or is it microsoft app/streaming only?

I'd test it with this album, but can't get it to add to my account at the moment.
You can download it.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #427
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Yes you get 320 kbps MP3's.

I had problems buying it through the store app on Windows 10 (which 'helpfully' auto launched when I went to the website), but was able to do it through the website itself just fine.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #428
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
I would say our Evil Marketing Overlords are doing a pretty good job on global marketing creep...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30260103
2014: Black Friday was the busiest day on record for online retailer Amazon UK, with sales that "surpassed all expectations", the company has said.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Monday
Cyber Monday has become an international marketing term used by online retailers in Argentina, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Uganda, Japan, Portugal, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

Black Friday in Deutschland
http://www.amazon.de/b/ref=amb_link_...d_i=1000454773
Also see...
http://www.express.co.uk/finance/per...ped-to-be-huge
Quote:
Darryl Adie, managing director of ecommerce agency Ampersand, said: "For Black Friday 2015, retailers including Dixons Carphone, Tesco, Currys, John Lewis and Argos, are stepping up their preparations in a bid to take the largest chunk out of what Experian and IMRG recently predicted will be a £1billion pie.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #429
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes you get 320 kbps MP3's.

I had problems buying it through the store app on Windows 10 (which 'helpfully' auto launched when I went to the website), but was able to do it through the website itself just fine.
Turns out it was a EULA issue. I was never prompted to agree to the new one and could not get the album without doing so....

Found a link that forced the Groove website to load and ask me to agree to the new terms and was able to get the album. It then downloaded automatically when I opened up the Music app.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:47 PM   #430
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

We have a new thread for music and videos. AnemicOak will be in charge of the thread. So, from here on out, post those deals in the new thread. Thanks

Media Deals (non-eBook) 2015

Quote:
In this thread we point out free and bargain non-eBook media deals (music, movies, streaming, etc.).

Be aware that sometimes freebies last only days (sometimes hours) so grab them quickly.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #431
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

*** ATTENTION MEMBERS ***

Quote:
Now that we have a dedicated thread for media deals (music, movies, streaming, apps, coins, etc) -- Media Deals (non-eBook) 2015 -- please post all deals for this content only in that thread. Do not post them in the Earn FREE Amazon Coins -or- Black Friday -or- Tablets & eReaders threads.

Thank You
Old 10-28-2015, 11:08 PM   #432
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

*** Thread Closed ***

I'm going with the format I used last year - closing this thread and posting these deals in the Black Friday 2015 thread until the end of the year. On 01 Jan 2016, I'll close the Black Friday thread and restart a new version of this thread.

Remember, we now have a Media Deals thread so don't post any media deals in the Black Friday thread; only post hardware deals.

Thanks

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-28-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Closed Thread