Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #421
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Many of us here have the newer one.
Heh. Okay. I haven't tried sideloading any apps yet (all are from the market), so I think this will be my first attempt!
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #422
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Duplicate.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #423
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegS View Post
Has anyone tried to install the newer version of the Android Market?
Newer one? Huh?

Does it have to be sideloaded? If so, I haven't done any of that yet. All I did was root the device.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #424
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Newer one? Huh?

Does it have to be sideloaded?
I believe so. I have the newer version on my phone and I'm hoping if I can sideload it on the NC I'll be able to directly download a few apps that aren't available in the older version. My phone is only on Android 2.1 too so I imagine that it will be likely.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #425
Grimm
DRM killer

ADB is evil.

Last edited by Grimm; 12-29-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #426
Grimm
DRM killer

Edited because eh...

Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #427
Grimm
DRM killer

No ADB for me.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #428
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
NY Times App updated

Now there's a NY Times app specifically for Android Tablet.

It allows you to update all sections at once with a click. The version I was using required you to open each section and update the feed.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #429
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MobileNoter (Sync with Microsoft OneNote)

Quote:
MobileNoter is an iPhone/iPad/Android note-taking application that is able to sync with Microsoft OneNote notebooks. Do you use OneNote on daily basis on your laptop or PC and dream to be able to sync it with your iPhone/iPad/Android device? Then MobileNoter is just what you are looking for.
http://www.mobilenoter.com/

OneNote is one of the reasons I run Windows in the background on my Mac. I'm anxious to see the functionality of this. I know many are big Evernote fans. I could never make the transition to it.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #430
lorddon
lorddon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
I can confirm Dungeon Defenders works on the NC.
lorddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #431
cbnash
cbnash began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Rooted - apps not showing-up

Why do I have to reboot my Rooted Nook every time I download an application to make it show-up in the extra folder?

Thanks
cbnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #432
SCION
Séduisant

That's how that stock screen is. Just reboot after you're done installing apps. If you use a replacement home screen (launcher) you won't have this issue.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #433
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I think the smaller list is going to be apps that do not work.

Also add to the existing list of working
dungeon defenders(awesome game)
Ezpdf
moon+(no tts)

Not working:
swype
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #434
cybrdmn
cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nookcolor
What is the version number of the new NYTimes app?

all the news you can use ---> SCION

Thanks for all the tips you provide here!
cybrdmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #435
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrdmn View Post
What is the version number of the new NYTimes app?

all the news you can use ---> SCION

Thanks for all the tips you provide here!
It's 1.0, NYTimes for Android Tablet.