Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #391
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
The last time one of my recommendations was purchased, the same thing happened to me. I don't pay close attention to the messages when I recommend a book, though, so it could be I forgot to ask for auto-checkout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That has also happened to me. I think that is just the way it works.
I figured it must be how it works, but I wanted to check.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #392
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have never once had Philly buy a book I requested! I eventually assumed they never did. Now that I know they do, I'll start trying again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Try emailing them also. I had a great success rate (at FLP) when I emailed requests (although I haven't done it in quiet a while).
This is the first time they bought it one that I recommended. I had given up for a while. I'll have to try emailing too.
Advert
Old 06-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #393
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Something new from OverDrive, at least I haven't seen it before. When I just placed a hold on a book that's coming out in September instead of the regular process I'm used to I also got a pop-up wanting me to enter my email address twice so they could contact me when the book is available.

I experimented, placing several other holds (both current titles & pre-orders) and couldn't get the site to do it again. Hopefully it was some kind of glitch and not a sign of things to come as I'd find it annoying to have to fill it out every time I place a hold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hold.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	157221  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #394
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Something new from OverDrive, at least I haven't seen it before. When I just placed a hold on a book that's coming out in September instead of the regular process I'm used to I also got a pop-up wanting me to enter my email address twice so they could contact me when the book is available.

I experimented, placing several other holds (both current titles & pre-orders) and couldn't get the site to do it again. Hopefully it was some kind of glitch and not a sign of things to come as I'd find it annoying to have to fill it out every time I place a hold.
I've had to occasionally do it ever since I started using Overdrive. About every 6 months or so. I don't do a lot of holds so it's hard for me to judge the time between. I think it saves the address for a certain amount of time, then it needs to be entered again. Maybe a cookie? Or maybe the time just varies by library system.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #395
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I keep getting E_STREAM_ERROR when trying to download into ADE 2.0.1 I wish they would fix this.
I'm getting this error for the first time with a library book I just checked out.

I redownloaded a book from Kobo and it opened fine.

I guess I will wait and check again tomorrow. Hope this is a temporary issue. The Overdrive "help" site says to deauthorize and reauthorize the PC, but I know I am close to my device limit so I don't want to that unless absolutely necessary.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #396
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is a temporary error and does eventually go away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #397
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I'm getting this error for the first time with a library book I just checked out.

I redownloaded a book from Kobo and it opened fine.

I guess I will wait and check again tomorrow. Hope this is a temporary issue. The Overdrive "help" site says to deauthorize and reauthorize the PC, but I know I am close to my device limit so I don't want to that unless absolutely necessary.
It's a server issue. It will fix itself. Keep trying.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #398
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is a temporary error and does eventually go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's a server issue. It will fix itself. Keep trying.

Sent from my XT1528
Yay. It worked today.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #399
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've been having troubles with FLP lately: I've been having a lot of troubles checking out and putting ebooks on hold. I need to use the main FLP site.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #400
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been having no problem with FLP.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #401
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've been having troubles with FLP lately: I've been having a lot of troubles checking out and putting ebooks on hold. I need to use the main FLP site.
If you don't use the main FLP site, what do you use? I didn't know there was anything else.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:02 AM   #402
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
If you don't use the main FLP site, what do you use? I didn't know there was anything else.
Using my terminology...

There is the Main FLP site that let's you search their entire catalog (pbooks, DVDs, ebooks, audiobooks, Overdrive, Freading, ... You can do a search, and it checks all of FLP.

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/databa...=digital-media

From the "Main" site, I click on the "ebooks from Overdrive" link, and I call that the "Overdrive site".

https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/
Old 07-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #403
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Using my terminology...

There is the Main FLP site that let's you search their entire catalog (pbooks, DVDs, ebooks, audiobooks, Overdrive, Freading, ... You can do a search, and it checks all of FLP.

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/databa...=digital-media

From the "Main" site, I click on the "ebooks from Overdrive" link, and I call that the "Overdrive site".

https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/
Thanks. I didn't know that there was another way to get to it. I just have a bookmark that I've been using for years to the FLP overdrive and consider that the main site.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #404
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. I didn't know that there was another way to get to it. I just have a bookmark that I've been using for years to the FLP overdrive and consider that the main site.
I also have a shortcut for the FLP overdrive site that I normally use, but with more publishers going to Freading, I am going to start doing more searches from the main site.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #405
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I also have a shortcut for the FLP overdrive site that I normally use, but with more publishers going to Freading, I am going to start doing more searches from the main site.
Are these publishers leaving Overdrive for Freading?