Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #3271
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just want to say THANK YOU for the calendar view in Reading Stats. I'd never checked it out until tonight, and it's going to be a big help keeping track of what I read and when. My VERY busy January looks kinda cool too, I think - even though I only started using KOReader halfway through. A fact which is itself quite obvious in the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-03-0.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	185817  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #3272
nhatkhoa102
nhatkhoa102 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Assuming something is actually holding on to the SD card, you'll get actionable feedback on-screen instead of a shutdown
Yeah, i really don't need to shutdown, it works. But... sometimes it shows the crash screen and the shutdown screen again ). I don't know the principles.

Quote:
You can enable that from the file manager, Tools > More Tools > Developer tools. Restart KOReader after
I've enabled it, what should i do next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usb 1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	185850   Click image for larger version

Name:	usb 3.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	774.1 KB
ID:	185851   Click image for larger version

Name:	usb 2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	557.5 KB
ID:	185852  
nhatkhoa102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2021, 09:31 AM   #3273
nhatkhoa102

Quote:
run a filesystem check on it
How to do this? (I'll connect the card to my lap). Let's me try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Not unless that card itself has a defect.
How to check it? Aw, my new seal sandisk
Old 03-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #3274
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You have some sort of KoboCloud script installed (there are two, I don't know the scripts' names by heart). That obviously won't do .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:07 PM   #3275
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhatkhoa102 View Post
How to do this? (I'll connect the card to my lap). Let's me try.

How to check it? Aw, my new seal sandisk
One and the same. Run whatever stock filesystem check tools are available on your OS (e.g., right click on the volume on Windows/macOS, or more directly via the Volume/Disk Manager (I can't recall which is which between win/macOS) or run fsck on the block device on *nix).
Advert
Old 03-18-2021, 02:38 AM   #3276
nhatkhoa102

Quote:
filesystem check
Sorry for the late, I've done this yet, my windows repaired my sd card, and I tried again the Usb in Koreader, but it's the same before.

I also tried the official Sd of the Kobo (the original 8Gb one), and updated to the newest Koreader, but the usb mass storage still doesn't work and shows the shutdown screen. So I think the problem is not in the SD.

By the way, I have some clips about the turning page speed of two version of Koreader (with file cbz). Please check it .
Attached Files
File Type: avi Old Koreader.avi (3.20 MB, 153 views)
File Type: avi Newest Koreader.avi (4.34 MB, 157 views)
Old 03-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #3277
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Can we have split function on android?

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #3278
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nhatkhoa102: "Old" and "New" is meaningless (exact detailed versions, please ).

I can't tell you anything without verbose logs, system logs, and eventually a strace (c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/7340) .

@HoanPiTa: Wrong thread. And check GitHub, this has come up, like, four times in the last couple of days.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #3279
nhatkhoa102

@NiLuJe: As i said in the previous posts, "old" is 11.2020 version, "new" is 02.2021 version

Quote:
verbose logs, system logs, and eventually a strace
OK, i'm learning how to do this :v
Old 03-22-2021, 01:46 PM   #3280
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Then new is not new enough, FWIW (try a current nightly) .
Old 04-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #3281
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm getting 'Generator error' message on Libra H2O when touching the NickelMenu icon... Haven't used the Libra for some weeks. How do I resolve this?
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #3282
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should add the Mac is an M1 MacBook Pro. I tried (edit) TO REINSTALL with both the .zip package for Kobo and the arm64.deb package. I don't know if this makes any difference? Terminal command says 'couldn't find any supported package' or similar.

Last edited by steveparry; 04-21-2021 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #3283
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
I'm getting 'Generator error' message on Libra H2O when touching the NickelMenu icon... Haven't used the Libra for some weeks. How do I resolve this?
Did you update the firmware since you last used KOReader? If so, you'll need to reinstall KOReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #3284
steveparry
Connoisseur

Yes i think I did. I'm trying now, without any success, to reinstall Koreader.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:31 PM   #3285
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
Yes i think I did. I'm trying now, without any success, to reinstall Koreader.
Are you using the one click installer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote