Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #16
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
I have been trying to download z4root but each site gives me a virus infected message.
Can anyone confiem this . If so where can I get an uninfected copy.
Thanks
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #17
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
you can get it from the amazon app store on your EE/PE, that one should be virus free. If you can't access it(some people have troubles I think) I can upload it for you tomorrow morning.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #18
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
No i cannot get the amazonappstore as I live in australia. Can you PM me with an attached email.
Thanks mate.
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #19
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
How can I allow USB debugging on the Pocket Edge, so I can complete the Z4Root installation? Thanks, Gerry
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
How can I allow USB debugging on the Pocket Edge, so I can complete the Z4Root installation? Thanks, Gerry
I answered your question in the other thread. In the future try and keep your questions in just one thread, it makes it easier on us and keeps the information in one place.
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
Gerrye
Zealot

Sorry I forgot where the other thread was... I`ll hunt it down...

Thanks,
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #22
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Sorry I forgot where the other thread was... I`ll hunt it down...

Thanks,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=141180&page=2

these forums have been a lot more busy lately with all the new woot users lol
Old 07-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #23
Gerrye
Zealot

emusan, thanks, I`m new to all this and I couldn`t find the original request....

Hopefully, I`ll improve with age (I`m only 70 now)

Thanks again,
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, Gerry!

Littleal, I hope you got your uninfected app! Emusan, if you sent it, that was nice of you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #25
pilgrimfl
pilgrimfl began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Does Rooting Kill the e-ink Side?

I have read that rooting the PE will kill the e-ink side. Is this true?
pilgrimfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimfl View Post
I have read that rooting the PE will kill the e-ink side. Is this true?
in short, no. If you don't know what you are doing though and mess with things you're not supposed to then it can do that yes, just follow any guides very closely, and try not to take any shortcuts along the way.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #27
teledyn
teledyn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyhwana View Post
I downloaded z4root from http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/
I tried temp root first and that worked, rebooted and then tried perm root and it worked, it enables superuser too.
It's basically 1-click.
there are two apps listed on andappstore by the name of z4root, one with a description of the history, another with no description at all; I chose the first one, it installed, but when run, after the splash screen my machine rebooted and now gets to the fourth dot, pauses and recycles back to the 4-dot boot screen

I'm guessing I did something that the others did not.
teledyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
teledyn
teledyn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
I think its dead now

even the home-rotate reboot on the golden dingo PE update.zip file isn't doing anything, just getting to the four dots and cycling. what now?
teledyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #29
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teledyn View Post
even the home-rotate reboot on the golden dingo PE update.zip file isn't doing anything, just getting to the four dots and cycling. what now?
Did you attempt a reset? Insert a paperclip into the reset port and push "GENTLY"...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #30
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by teledyn View Post
there are two apps listed on andappstore by the name of z4root, one with a description of the history, another with no description at all; I chose the first one, it installed, but when run, after the splash screen my machine rebooted and now gets to the fourth dot, pauses and recycles back to the 4-dot boot screen

I'm guessing I did something that the others did not.
I got the one that was listed in the Amazon app store and didn't have this problem. Sorry!
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote