Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #16
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
If you use "Custom reading footer style for Glo/Aura" patch with the default option, you need to change line 106:
Code:
replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: px;`
to
Code:
replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: 5px;`
Otherwise, you will get huge footer text.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #17
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
If you use "Custom reading footer style for Glo/Aura" patch with the default option, you need to change line 106:
Code:
replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: px;`
to
Code:
replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: 5px;`
Otherwise, you will get huge footer text.
Sorry about that, I've fixed it and uploaded a new attachment to post #1.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
In 3.11.0, it didn't always work for some reason... the Advanced Settings weren't there, or when it was, it didn't make any difference on the font even when setting to full right. The sample showed the change, but when you clicked ok and off that screen, the font was still normal and not any darker/thicker. Might have just been a quirk on my readers
It's not only you, I see the same (and also in 3.5.0, if I remember correctly). I haven't tried 3.12.0, though.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #19
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something does seem to have changed with the advanced font controls in 3.12.0. I can now adjust the weight of the sideloaded (.otf) Bitter ht font, which didn't work with previous versions.

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-07-2014 at 03:35 AM. Reason: .otf
Old 12-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #20
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Thanks again GeoffR !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-07-2014 at 07:14 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #22
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Look further below in the .patch file, most of those settings have been split up in the patch, they're just not all together now:
patch_name = `Custom reading footer style (Aura HD/H2O)`

The only I didn't find was for the footer margins, but I'm not even sure that made any difference.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 12-07-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Look further below in the .patch file, most of those settings have been split up in the patch, they're just not all together now:

The only I didn't find was for the footer margins, but I'm not even sure that made any difference.
I managed to to get the test right down to the top of the footer. But the footer is too small now. I have to fix that.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
GeoffR
Wizard

I've added the old-style custom reading footer patch to post #2.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #25
GeoffR
Wizard

I noticed the font used for the header/footer when "Document Default" is selected has changed, but I'm not sure if the change happened in 3.12.0 or earlier, and I'm not sure if it is for all devices or just the front-lit ones.

It used to be that selecting "Document Default" caused the Gothic font to be used for the reading header and footer. This was a bad choice, because Gothic had (and still has) a number of problems, including that it sits very low on the line (which makes the header and footer look uneven, the gap between bezel and header is larger but between bezel and footer is smaller), and tends to get cut off at the bottom if a very small custom footer is used.

Now it seems Georgia is used with "Document Default" instead, a much better choice.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

How do I take screen shots from my H2O? Once I know how, I'll do so and post the way my footer style looks.

Anyway, here are the patches I am using with my H2O for the footer and I get very close to the footer,

Spoiler:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_string = E359A4, `ReadingFooter {\n\tmin-height: 70px;\n\tmax-height: 70px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\n\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tmin-height: 82px;\n\tmax-height: 82px;\n}\n\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tmin-height: 120px;\n\tmax-height: 120px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\n\n* {\n\tfont-size: 16px;\n}\n\n[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 20px;\n}\n\n[qApp_deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tfont-size: 26px;\n}\n\n[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}`, `ReadingFooter {\n\tmin-height:120px;\n\tmax-height:120px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\n\n* {\n\tfont-size: 26px;\n\tpadding-bottom: 0px;\n\tmargin-top: 0px;\n\t/*font-family:none;*/\n}\n\n[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}`
#
# Uncomment the three replace_string lines of one of the examples below,
# comment out the rest. If you choose to make further changes to the examples,
# BE CAREFUL NOT TO ALTER THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRINGS! (Add or remove
# spaces if necessary to keep the total length the same.)
#
# Examples 1 or 4 are recommended for use with the adjustable/fixed top/bottom
# margin patches when configured to set both top and bottom margins.
#
# Examples 4, 5 or 6 are recommended if you also read kepubs, because the space
# between bezel and footer matches the space between bezel and kepub header.
#
#
# Example 1: Small footer, close to bezel
replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 35px;`
replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 30px;`
replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: 4px;`
#
# Example 2: Medium footer, close to bezel
#replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 52px;`
#replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 52px;`
#replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: 7px;`
#
# Example 3: Large footer, close to bezel
#replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 80px;`
#replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 80px;`
#replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom: 0px;`
#
# Example 4: Small footer, away from bezel
#replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 40px;`
#replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 40px;`
#replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom:36px;`
#
# Example 5: Medium footer, away from bezel
#replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 52px;`
#replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 52px;`
#replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom:30px;`
#
# Example 6: Large footer, away from bezel
#replace_string = E359B5, `min-height:120px;`, `min-height: 80px;`
#replace_string = E359C8, `max-height:120px;`, `max-height: 80px;`
#replace_string = E35A12, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom:16px;`
#
#
# Uncomment the following line to reduce the footer font size:
replace_string = E35A00, `font-size: 26px;`, `font-size: 26px;`
#
# Uncomment the following line to further reduce the space above the footer:
replace_string = E35A28, `margin-top: 0px;`, `margin-top:-7px;`
#
# Uncomment one of the following lines to use a fixed font style. This is
# recommended if you have chosen examples 1 or 4 above, because some other
# fonts sit too low in the footer and get cut off at the bottom.
# Also enable one of the Custom header style patches below with the same font
# style if you read kepubs.
#
replace_string = E35A3A, `/*font-family:none;*/`, `font-family: Amasis;`
#replace_string = E35A3A, `/*font-family:none;*/`, `font-family: Avenir;`
#replace_string = E35A3A, `/*font-family:none;*/`, `font-family: Georgia;`
#
</Patch>

<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom footer`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# Changes the footer text with something shorter
# (not sure how it affects translations)
#
replace_string = D1BCE8, `Page %1 <i>of</i> %2`, `%1 / %2`
</Patch>
Old 12-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is an option in the config file, I think screenshot=true.

This overrides the power switch to provide screen shots.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is an option in the config file, I think screenshot=true.

This overrides the power switch to provide screen shots.
Does it matter where I put this or is there a screenshots line already that just needs to be edited?

Where are the screen shots stored?
Old 12-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #29
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does it matter where I put this or is there a screenshots line already that just needs to be edited?

Where are the screen shots stored?
It goes under:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

Change to false of course when you want to turn the option off. Remember you lose the use of the power switch, so if your reader ever locked up and doing a factory reset using the power switch was the only option, you're out of luck. I usually keep it at Screenshots=false for that reason.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It goes under:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

Change to false of course when you want to turn the option off. Remember you lose the use of the power switch, so if your reader ever locked up and doing a factory reset using the power switch was the only option, you're out of luck. I usually keep it at Screenshots=false for that reason.
Thank you for that. One more question. Where are the screenshots stored?