Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Dark Angel
Supernatural
Battlestar
Buffy/Angel
Poldark (!)
Time Team (?)
University Challenge (Yeh)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I think Life is the best show running now. I also like The Mentalist, Bones and NCIS.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Best show in TV today is: Burn Notice

After that its NCIS, House and Lie To Me.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #19
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Best show in TV today is: Burn Notice

After that its NCIS, House and Lie To Me.
I haven't seen Burn Notice, but I think I'll check it out. USA has been coming out with quality programming.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I haven't seen Burn Notice, but I think I'll check it out. USA has been coming out with quality programming.
It is just a fun show to watch. The lead character is played by Jeffery Donovan (who also played Jarod's little brother Kyle in the Pretender some years ago) and Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Brisco County, Jr.) plays the sidekick.

By the way, you can view all of the season 2 episodes for free at Internet Movie Database without registering (they link back into Hulu.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It is just a fun show to watch. The lead character is played by Jeffery Donovan (who also played Jarod's little brother Kyle in the Pretender some years ago) and Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Brisco County, Jr.) plays the sidekick.

By the way, you can view all of the season 2 episodes for free at Internet Movie Database without registering (they link back into Hulu.)
Excellent.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #22
Brainphart
Compost Power
Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.

Device: Nook ST-1 Sony Reader PRS500(retired but still kicking)
Dexter
Supernatural
Life
Friday Night Lights
and I secretly watch 90210 ;-)
Brainphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainphart View Post
Dexter
Supernatural
Life
Friday Night Lights
and I secretly watch 90210 ;-)
I see you got your avatar animated, hence the name. PHEwwww.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In order of presentation per week:
Chuck
Heroes
Scrubs
Lost
Burn Notice
Galactica
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #25
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I watch most of my television shows on DVD. Just started Season 4 of Doctor Who, which thus far is spectacular, but I love the Doctor.

Other favorites:
Madmen
Hogan's Heroes (weirdest show ever and still makes me laugh.)

As for watching something outside of DVD, I watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report online.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Heroes is about the only one I watch, and then not at the right times. We DVR it and watch when we have time (working 2nd shift really messes with your tv watching)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #27
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
To the fans of House, The Mentalist and Big Bang Theory, here's some things that puzzle me:

[1] Why does Dr House always appear to have a three day growth of beard?

If he is simply a slob, wouldn't he be clean shaven some days, with a beard growing on other days until he finds his bathroom again? Or does he wear a three day growth to be trendy? Do women actually find stubble attractive? The women in my life insist I always be clean shaven before they'll let me anywhere near them, so they don't get stubble rash.

[2] Why do cops in American cop shows address each other by their last names?

In my thirty plus years of employment in Australia, sixteen in law enforcement roles, no one has addressed me by my last name. It's always been my first name or a nickname. And I've always addressed others the same way - even bosses. Do American employees/cops actually do this? It seems disrespectful to me. Or is it just a scriptwriter's device to make the show more dramatic? Note that it leads to the absurd situation in "The Mentalist" where everyone calls the chief character, Patrick Jane, by a female name - "Jane". Didn't the scriptwriter realize this would happen when he was naming the character?

[3] Why do the guys in "Big Bang Theory" live together in a hovel?

They've got good paying jobs, haven't they? Can't they do better than the waitress who lives opposite, and who seems to be able to afford to live alone?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post

If he is simply a slob, wouldn't he be clean shaven some days, with a beard growing on other days until he finds his bathroom again? Or does he wear a three day growth to be trendy? Do women actually find stubble attractive? The women in my life insist I always be clean shaven before they'll let me anywhere near them, so they don't get stubble rash.
Don't you know that excessive vicodin intake causes stunted hair growth? Particularly in the facial region. He's been trying to grow it out for along time, thinking it will impress Cuddy.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
To the fans of House, The Mentalist and Big Bang Theory, here's some things that puzzle me:

It's possible that the character might not be able to grow any more of a beard than the 3 day stubble. I can't. It's hereditary.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #30
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
My brother is in training to be a firefighter/paramedic, and the people with whom he's done internships usually call each other by their surnames. It seems to be fairly common in the emergency services fields here in the U.S.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote