Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #241
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Ah! I love it. I was still trying to diagnose what was happening with the restoring position for kepubs. I was guessing it was because I was using the extended driver and storing books as kepubs, but that was as far as I'd got. I will be sure to test...

Last edited by auspex; 08-07-2013 at 10:37 PM.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #242
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta to add support for the Kobo WiFi

I have done a little bit of work to support the Kobo WiFi. It will probably support the original Kobo as well.

The main change was to recognise the device and then not display the menu items for functions the WiFi won't support. There were a couple of small changes elsewhere. I am pretty sure everything will work, but I can't test it all.

If anyone who is using a WiFi could test this and tell me how it goes, that would be appreciated. If there are any errors, please post them in full.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities.zip (104.7 KB, 293 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #243
Skeldave
Skeldave began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have done a little bit of work to support the Kobo WiFi. It will probably support the original Kobo as well.

The main change was to recognise the device and then not display the menu items for functions the WiFi won't support. There were a couple of small changes elsewhere. I am pretty sure everything will work, but I can't test it all.

If anyone who is using a WiFi could test this and tell me how it goes, that would be appreciated. If there are any errors, please post them in full.
Just installed and here are the results...

1. Update Metadata in device library - Not really sure what this does - is this the calibre library or the device library?

2. Store/Restore current booksmark

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.42
Kobo Utilities - Library updated: Update summary:
Bookmarks retrieved=0
Books with no bookmarks=1
Total books=1
3. Remove covers for selected ebooks

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.42
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1104, in remove_covers
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1740, in _remove_covers
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
4. Clean extra covers

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.42
Kobo Utilities Finished: No extra files found
5. Copy annotation for selected book

(I haven't read this book yet)

Quote:
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
Book Last Read: 2013-08-09 10:29:24
Percentage Read: 0%
6. Backup annotations (Same book as above)

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.42
Kobo Utilities - Annotations backup: Annotations backup summary:
Books with annotations=0
Books without annotations=1
Kobo epubs=0
Total books=1
7. Refresh list of books on device - Successful

8. Check database - OK

9. Compress database

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.42
Kobo Utilities - Compress Device Database: The database on the device has been compressed.
Original size = 4.289MB
Compressed size = 3.944MB
10. Back database - Success.

Thanks for the good work!
Skeldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #244
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I developed a problem after using the store function of the utility. I am using the new updated plugin, the new updated calibre, on an Aura running 2.81. Now when I open a kepub book on my SD card from the home screen (all my books are on the card now and are loaded using the extended driver), the resulting page is blank. I can get the text to load by tapping the top which invokes the top menu.

When this happened the first time this morning--right after updating calibre and the plugin--I thought I had somehow borked the Db. I signed out of my account to generate a clean Db. The books worked as they should at the conclusion of this.

I then plugged in to restore the book status/progress via calibre. Once completed, the issue returned. Open a book on the home page, and the page itself does not load until after tapping the top margin/menu.

EDIT: I realize this may not be related to store/restore. It's just what I was doing when it happened.

Last edited by taming; 08-09-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #245
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeldave View Post
Just installed and here are the results...

1. Update Metadata in device library - Not really sure what this does - is this the calibre library or the device library?
It updates the device with the current metadata from the library. You can use it if you update the title or an author. Plus, the other details aren't read from the epub but can be displayed on the details page in the device.
Quote:
2. Store/Restore current booksmark
Did you select a book that was either being read or finished?
Quote:
3. Remove covers for selected ebooks
Quote:
Covers are where I expect the most problems
4. Clean extra covers
Hopefully that is the correct result.
Quote:

5. Copy annotation for selected book

(I haven't read this book yet)

6. Backup annotations (Same book as above)
In that case, there wouldn't be any bookmarks.
Quote:

7. Refresh list of books on device - Successful

8. Check database - OK

9. Compress database

10. Back database - Success.
Good.
Quote:

Thanks for the good work!
Thanks for the testing.

For the covers and bookmark storing, could you run in debug mode and produce a log? This is done by starting calibre, right clicking on the preferences button and selecting "restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart and display a message about the log. Dismiss that and do a test of the two functions. Then close calibre. It will then display the log. Post the contents or send them in a PM.
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #246
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I developed a problem after using the store function of the utility. I am using the new updated plugin, the new updated calibre, on an Aura running 2.81. Now when I open a kepub book on my SD card from the home screen (all my books are on the card now and are loaded using the extended driver), the resulting page is blank. I can get the text to load by tapping the top which invokes the top menu.

When this happened the first time this morning--right after updating calibre and the plugin--I thought I had somehow borked the Db. I signed out of my account to generate a clean Db. The books worked as they should at the conclusion of this.

I then plugged in to restore the book status/progress via calibre. Once completed, the issue returned. Open a book on the home page, and the page itself does not load until after tapping the top margin/menu.

EDIT: I realize this may not be related to store/restore. It's just what I was doing when it happened.
That sounds like a problem that has been discussed with kepubs. The circumstance seem to be a kepub with embedded fonts, using "Document Defaults" as the font and then using the TOC to get to a chapter. From memory, it also happens if you use a bookmark or reopen the book. Try changing to another font and seeing what happens.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #247
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The book font was Amasis. It was also not an issue until the latest version of the plugin. I tried several books--all with the same results. Georgia works though. How odd.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #248
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
At updating the plugin, I received the following error message:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 736, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 406, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar

Calibre version 0.9.42. Is version 0.9.43 required?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #249
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The book font was Amasis. It was also not an issue until the latest version of the plugin. I tried several books--all with the same results. Georgia works though. How odd.
The latest version of the plugin shouldn't have changed how the position was restored for kepubs. When was the last time you needed to do this?

Also, can you try putting the font back to what you had before and using the TOC to go to a new chapter? If that gives the blank screen, then it is the bug in the firmware.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #250
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
At updating the plugin, I received the following error message:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 736, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 406, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar

Calibre version 0.9.42. Is version 0.9.43 required?
No, 0.9.43 isn't required for this version of the plugin. I have just gone back to 0.9.42 and 1.2.2 of the plugin and tried the updating the plugin. I didn't get the error. Was the plugin still installed after restarting calibre?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #251
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
The latest version of the plugin shouldn't have changed how the position was restored for kepubs. When was the last time you needed to do this?

Also, can you try putting the font back to what you had before and using the TOC to go to a new chapter? If that gives the blank screen, then it is the bug in the firmware.
This was the first time I did a restore using 2.81. I don't remember what I was using the last time (probably a beta build).

With font set back to Amasis, I did not have this issue when choosing a new chapter from the TOC. FWIW, since the solution is to invoke the top menu and then close it by touching somewhere on the "page", it's not a biggie. Maybe buggy, but not a huge issue.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #252
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
No, 0.9.43 isn't required for this version of the plugin. I have just gone back to 0.9.42 and 1.2.2 of the plugin and tried the updating the plugin. I didn't get the error. Was the plugin still installed after restarting calibre?
Obviously yes. It seems to work properly. Moreover: I updated the plugin on the same day on another laptop, but having installed 0.9.43 before, and there has been no problem.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #253
mahal48
Connoisseur
mahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Glo, Nexus 7(2013)
Just had my Glo lock and and ended up having to do a factory reset to get it to work. Ended up having 2.8.1 installed on my reader, with all the tiles etc. on home screen. Have previously used the Kobo Utilities plug-in to get rid of them before the crash and factory reset. Cannot seem to be able to dismiss them this time. I have tried uninstalling then re-installing the plug-in, no luck. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing Calibre and then reinstalling the plugin, again no joy.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
mahal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #254
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@mahal48: Which tiles aren't dismissing and what did you do when you disconnected?

The tile dismissal function doesn't actually dismiss the tiles. It changes a database record to say "don't display this tile". For the tile to actually go away, the tiles on the home screen have to be updated. If you sent a new book to the device, then it should update. If you didn't, you need to do something else. Opening a book, the browser or a game should do it. Dismissing a tile probably will as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #255
mahal48
Connoisseur
mahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Glo, Nexus 7(2013)
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't tried opening a browser or a book, but had ejected and closed my Glo down. Then on turning the Glo back on still no joy.
Went through the the dismissal function again, after your last reply. Ejected Glo then opened a book and all but one of the tiles have now been "dismissed". It appears that opening a book triggers the tile removal. Seems that I was misunderstanding its operation.
Only one I am left with now and seem unable to get rid of is the synch tile.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
mahal48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins