Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 01:16 AM   #1906
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@tallest2seat-
If your jailbreak updating worked, you should be okay. The change is that from now on (FW>=5.6.0) you need to apply your hack bin files through the MRPackage Installer extension of KUAL....read the KUAL sticky for directions.

**slow typing is my downfall!!!**
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #1907
tallest2seat
tallest2seat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! Up and running. So, so many thanks!
tallest2seat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #1908
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@maxtr: The account is locked on your device, which means no amount of password guessing will help you. Check the USBNet docs for more details. Basically, either setup shared key auth, or set a custom root password (by using an auth-less connection, ie. telnet, or SSH without WiFi enabled).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #1909
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@maxtr: The account is locked on your device, which means no amount of password guessing will help you. Check the USBNet docs for more details. Basically, either setup shared key auth, or set a custom root password (by using an auth-less connection, ie. telnet, or SSH without WiFi enabled).
I think that one wins a place on the FGA list.

I'll edit it into the list later today.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:52 AM   #1910
tallest2seat

Sorry, again, if this is another stupid question, but I can't seem to verify...

Is the backdoorlock applet on KUAL still functional, stopping Amazon from doing blind updates?

Thanks, again!
Advert
Old 04-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #1911
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallest2seat View Post
Sorry, again, if this is another stupid question, but I can't seem to verify...

Is the backdoorlock applet on KUAL still functional, stopping Amazon from doing blind updates?

Thanks, again!
If you download the most recent release (which is fixed for 5.6.x), yes.

It is the "rename as a directory" trick that does not work on 5.6.x
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #1912
tallest2seat

@knc1 thank you thank you!!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #1913
maxtr
maxtr began at the beginning.

Thank you!

Quote:
Ok, thanks!!
maxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #1914
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtr View Post
I'm trying to login via ssh over wifi and I can't find anything on the root password. Anybody know anything?
Are you able to use kterm? If so although you won't be able to determine what the password is, you will be able to set a new one.

Last edited by nypaulie; 04-17-2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: misunderstood the question...
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #1915
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
Hi:

KT/K5(B011) 5.3.2.1 + jb 1.7

I uncompress all the zip files in the root directory but the option to "update device" is greyed out.

I've also tried with the bridge bin file, no sucess, still greyed out.

Any clues?

Last edited by corpcd; 04-25-2015 at 03:05 PM.
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #1916
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@corpcd: Yup, you're doing it wrong.

Double check the install instructions, the actual zip file to uncompress is very explicitly specified, it's not just "hey, let's drop everything in there and hope for the best" .
Old 04-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #1917
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
@corpcd: Yup, you're doing it wrong.

Double check the install instructions, the actual zip file to uncompress is very explicitly specified, it's not just "hey, let's drop everything in there and hope for the best" .
mmm...

The file i've uncompressed is "kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip", do I need to keep reading the clear as clear water installation instructions?

Well, I made some test and the Kindle was not able to update even the official fw (5.3.7), so the problem was not the jb, but the device itself.
I reseted the device, tried again, and all went fine; jb updated.

Last edited by corpcd; 04-25-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #1918
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@corpcd: That vaguely looks like a known upstream issue, it should be in the FAQ IIRC (EDIT: Yup, 2nd Q.). A simple restart might have done the trick .
Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #1919
corpcd
Enthusiast

Quote:
@corpcd: That vaguely looks like a known upstream issue, it should be in the FAQ IIRC (EDIT: Yup, 2nd Q.). A simple restart might have done the trick .
I already read that, I restarted several times, no luck.

Only a factory reset worked.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #1920
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@corpcd: Huh. Gremlins? :/.

Or a borked userstore? Did you have any weird issues with the storage area and/or switching to USBMS mode? (Disappearing files, stuff refusing to open, the device being mounted empty/read-only?)

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch