Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-07-2020, 01:34 AM   #1861
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Right now, I don't have a real clue about the best solution. It is way to early to think about it.

I have a crafting hobby, my specialty is making "too hard baskets", if you'd like one to put this project in.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:00 AM   #1862
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
At the moment, no, but, I'll revisit this with the calibre 5 release. And some free time magically appearing. It should be easy for epubs, but, might not be possible for kepubs that aren't in the library.
Does that imply that calibre will (eventually) recognize kepubs as something it can display directly?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2020, 04:05 AM   #1863
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Does that imply that calibre will (eventually) recognize kepubs as something it can display directly?
It already does. If you have a kepub, in the library, it can be opened by the viewer. But, it will just be treated as an epub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #1864
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Dear dev,

It's too bad that I have to update the cover when I'm in the Calibre-library. In other words, when I'm in the device-library view, KoboUtilities_button>"Upload covers for selected books" is greyed out (not clickable).

Could you please let us click "Upload covers for selected books" from within the device-library view?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:59 PM   #1865
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Dear dev,

It's too bad that I have to update the cover when I'm in the Calibre-library. In other words, when I'm in the device-library view, KoboUtilities_button>"Upload covers for selected books" is greyed out (not clickable).

Could you please let us click "Upload covers for selected books" from within the device-library view?
Why? What reason do you need to do the update from the device list?

And when functions that are not available in one list, it usually because the function doesn't make sense for the books. In general, functions not in the device list is because they need information (the cover in this case) from somewhere. And if the book on the device does not match a book in the library, there is nowhere to get that information from. That is why these type of functions are only in the library list. They are acting on the books in the library that also are on the device. In general, they are pushing something from the library to the device, or pulling something from the device to the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #1866
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Dear dev,

Why do you need to update the covers?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #1867
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you need to update the covers?
Why does it really matter WHY?
He wants to do it.

He did have one request, that I was wishing I had (and would assist in using Library view to send an update.)
Not knowing the method Calibre uses for the In Library tick (has {id} available under the covers?), I wonder if it would be possible for a 'Jump to book in Library' when there is a tick.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #1868
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why does it really matter WHY?
He wants to do it.
It might matter why in order to find a solution.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #1869
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Failed: Backing up Kobo Device Database

Starting yesterday I started to get the below when connecting my Kobo Clara HD.

Assume it's connected, but when I link a book on device to a book in my library, it seems to work, then on next connect, they're not linked.

calibre, version 4.23.0 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

*** in database main ***
On tree page 29 cell 100: Rowid 31492 out of order
row 617 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 617 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
row 618 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 618 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
wrong # of entries in index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 90, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 197, in do_device_database_backup
Exception:
*** in database main ***
On tree page 29 cell 100: Rowid 31492 out of order
row 617 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 617 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
row 618 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
row 618 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
wrong # of entries in index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1

Last edited by jwilker; 09-10-2020 at 11:21 AM.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #1870
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

If it helps, Just got this one (Plus the above)

after removing the book that wouldn't link, and re-adding.

calibre, version 4.23.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 543, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 489, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 970, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2488, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2976, in set_bookshelf
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Old 09-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #1871
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
If it helps, Just got this one (Plus the above)

after removing the book that wouldn't link, and re-adding.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 4.23.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 543, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 489, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 970, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2488, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2976, in set_bookshelf
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Unless you have a recent backup of your database, I'd suggest logging out of your Kobo which will force a database rebuild. Your sideloaded books will not be removed and will be re-imported after you sign in again and your Kobo books will be available to be re-downloaded. I'm not certain if the next suggestion is needed since I haven't logged out in a while but if your Kobo is authorized with Adobe, I would also suggest backing up the activation.xml file from the .adobe-digital-editions directory and copying back after the sign in to save having to re-authorize your Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #1872
jwilker
Connoisseur

Good suggestion!

I did have a back up that likely wasn't borked as I plug in/sync up daily. But figured I'd try signing out and in. Seems to have fixed the database issue!

Adding to my list of things to try next time. THanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Unless you have a recent backup of your database, I'd suggest logging out of your Kobo which will force a database rebuild. Your sideloaded books will not be removed and will be re-imported after you sign in again and your Kobo books will be available to be re-downloaded. I'm not certain if the next suggestion is needed since I haven't logged out in a while but if your Kobo is authorized with Adobe, I would also suggest backing up the activation.xml file from the .adobe-digital-editions directory and copying back after the sign in to save having to re-authorize your Kobo.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #1873
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Good suggestion!

I did have a back up that likely wasn't borked as I plug in/sync up daily. But figured I'd try signing out and in. Seems to have fixed the database issue!

Another thing to do is configure Kobo Utilities to backup the database every time you plug your Kobo into Calibre. That way you'll have fairly recent updated database backups.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #1874
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Good suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Another thing to do is configure Kobo Utilities to backup the database every time you plug your Kobo into Calibre. That way you'll have fairly recent updated database backups.
Umm... Jon... Please read the message you quoted. The part where @jwilker says "I plug in/sync up daily".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #1875
jwilker
Connoisseur

Interestingly (to me) while I do back up, I've never needed to restore, have never looked into how that actually works, LOL.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins