Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #1831
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Glad I wasn't guessing wrong

Ok, log file attached. Haven't made any changes to the plugin settings in a while. I usually open Calibre once every day or two to sync reading position, etc.

Grabbed a screenshot of settings. (I've tried with and without "Only if newer", no different behavior)

I realized something new this AM. I ran the GR update and noticed that on connect, I'm now not even pulling in an updated reading position from the device.

No factory resets have been done.

Edit to add: Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.19.30 PM.png
Views:	239
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	180855  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre log.txt (83.2 KB, 182 views)
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:07 AM   #1832
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Glad I wasn't guessing wrong

Ok, log file attached. Haven't made any changes to the plugin settings in a while. I usually open Calibre once every day or two to sync reading position, etc.

Grabbed a screenshot of settings. (I've tried with and without "Only if newer", no different behavior)

I realized something new this AM. I ran the GR update and noticed that on connect, I'm now not even pulling in an updated reading position from the device.

No factory resets have been done.

Edit to add: Thanks!
The logs tell me it is as I expected. The plugin has lost track of the device and isn't connecting it to the profile. That means it isn't running the fetch as that is device specific. You can see what I mean by going to the devices tab in the plugins configuration when the device is connected. This will show the Kobo Clara HD in the list with a serial number. But, it won't have an icon in the status column, the version column will be empty and the "Add connected device" button will be enabled.

The most common reason for this is a factory reset. But, deleting the file "driveinfo.calibre" from the root directory of the device will also do it. The id for the matching comes from that file. If the file doesn't exist, calibre creates it. The id is randomly generated, so it will change.

As I said in the post I linked, if you only have the one Kobo ereader, the simplest thing to do is to selected "*Any Device" in the configuration for the plugin. If you do have multiple devices, and want to have different configurations for them, you need to update the known devices in Devices tab. And then select it in the profile.

I will have to revisit how this is done in the plugin. It probably should use the serial number, but, there are some issues with that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #1833
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
So weird. Can guarantee no factory resets, but shrug.

That did it. I looked and saw two Clara's one plugged in, one not. Removing the one and pointing to the other brought everything in line. I'll switch to any since this is my only reader.

I musta have done something somehow.

Much obliged! Glad I know how to trouble shoot now in case i bork it again LOL.

Cheers!
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #1834
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I occasionally have trouble with the custom columns not syncing (though I only have one device, the Aura HD). Switching to the default driver (I use the extended one) and then back usually fixes it. No idea why that is.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:07 AM   #1835
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I occasionally have trouble with the custom columns not syncing (though I only have one device, the Aura HD). Switching to the default driver (I use the extended one) and then back usually fixes it. No idea why that is.
Based on all the code involved, that doesn't really makes sense. It is probably really just that calibre is being restarted, or the device is being connected and disconnected.
Advert
Old 07-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #1836
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Here's one way I am using this plugin. After configuring it to store reading locations (four custom columns; koboreadpct integer, koborating integer, kobolastread date, and koboreadloc, text and associating them with the corresponding fields in the plugin setup), I added a new custom column
Code:
Name: finished
Column Heading: Finished
Column Type: Column built from other columns
Template: {:'cmp(field('#koboreadpct'),100,'','Finished','Finished')'}
Okay, I did this part (above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
and then added the field #finished to my shelf definitions which now read
Code:
#myshelves, #finished,  series
This has the effect of when I update the reading stats (I find the easiest way for ME at least) is to sort the Library view by the On Device field, select all the books shown as being on the Kobo and then select the plugin's option to store reading location, the Finished column gets set to the word Finished for all books at 100% read.

The next time I attach the device and the automatic metadata management runs, all the books I have finished now appear on a new shelf Finished.
1. What do you mean you " added the field #finished to my shelf definitions"?
2. How can I have not just a special column with the read status, but also corresponding tags (finished, in-progress/reading)?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:49 PM   #1837
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
1. What do you mean you " added the field #finished to my shelf definitions"?
In the driver configuration, for collections (which used to be called shelves), @PeterT has added the column "#finished". This will create a collections for each value in the column.
Quote:
2. How can I have not just a special column with the read status, but also corresponding tags (finished, in-progress/reading)?
These are separate actions. The #finished column is automatically populated. You will need to manually add the tag you want. I semi-automate this using the Reading List plugin. I have a status column whose value gets changed when I move the book between my "ToRead", "Reading" and "Read" lists.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:34 AM   #1838
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just used Calibre to delete a few series from my H2O2, probably 60 or so books in total. I then ran the "check database" utiilty, and got this result:

"Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

wrong # of entries in index analytics_events_timestamp
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1"

I tried updating the metadata and ejecting then reconnecting the device, but when I re-ran the check, the same results were generated. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #1839
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I just used Calibre to delete a few series from my H2O2, probably 60 or so books in total. I then ran the "check database" utiilty, and got this result:

"Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1"

I tried updating the metadata and ejecting then reconnecting the device, but when I re-ran the check, the same results were generated. Is this something I should be concerned about?
I tend to think that index errors like that are the beginning of the end. But, those indexes are on the AnalyticEvents table, so they won't affect much you are interested in. Compressing the database should fix it. That rebuilds the indexes. Make sure you take a backup of the database before hand, just in case.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #1840
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I tend to think that index errors like that are the beginning of the end. But, those indexes are on the AnalyticEvents table, so they won't affect much you are interested in. Compressing the database should fix it. That rebuilds the indexes. Make sure you take a backup of the database before hand, just in case.
Thanks. I backed up the database, compressed it, re-ran the check:
----------------------------------------------------
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #1841
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Thanks. I backed up the database, compressed it, re-ran the check:
----------------------------------------------------
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
You can try rebooting the device and seeing what happens. It does do a compress at some time, but, I don't know when. You can also do the compress and shutdown the device as soon as you eject. That is an attempt to prevent the software on the device from accessing the database file and possibly changing something.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #1842
ReaderRoy
ReaderRoy began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD, Glo
device database not supported after firmware update

After update Aura HD to new fw, database version is not supported.

calibre, version 4.22.0
Device database version: 160.
Device firmware version: (4, 23, 15505)

Can I fix that or is a plugin update necessary?
ReaderRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #1843
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderRoy View Post

calibre, version 4.22.0

As stated by @davidfor in the 4.23.15505 firmware thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
calibre
For calibre, there are no changes except to bump the supported firmware version. I will be making this change ready for the next release. For those who do not want to update the calibre version, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the drivers.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #1844
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderRoy View Post

calibre, version 4.22.0

You can wait for the next calibre update or follow the instructions in the error message. Since you are posting in the Kobo Utilities forum, click on the arrow beside the Kobo Utilities icon, hover on Driver and then click on Configure current driver. On the Metadata, on device & advanced tab, select Attempt to support new firmware. Click on OK.

See attached image from KoboTouch driver but exactly the same for the KoboTouchExtended driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attempt_to_support_new_firmware.png
Views:	181
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	181351  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #1845
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question update metadata: what is "utiliser le panneau"?

I looked up the help page for "update metadata" but didn't find anything more about "utiliser le panneau" than what appears when hovering above it. It translates something like "define the metadata on the device using the panel for the device and the type of book", which I don't understand. What is the panel?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins